dban trojaned

NetifxSixteen

is it possible the dban i used to be trojaned?

i dont remember if i download it from the site (i believe i did)

alhough i scanned, the burned cd and copied the files (from the cd) to the desktop, with malwarebytes and they found nothing.

i removed the ethernet cable during the process (wiping) if that says something :x

edit: after the wiping had finished (around 40hours), the word failed in a red box appeared in the after screen.

I guess anything can be trojaned (love the word, BTW) but given that DBAN is such a simple program, I'd imagine any antivir would catch it. You experiencing some problems that lead you to believe it's malicious?

I guess anything can be trojaned (love the word, BTW) but given that DBAN is such a simple program, I'd imagine any antivir would catch it. You experiencing some problems that lead you to believe it's malicious?

nope, my brain just sees everything as trojaned :x

so malwarebytes would catch it before even burning the cd?

i scanned it (the cd) today (4-5 days after the burn) and nothing appeared on the results.

nope, my brain just sees everything as trojaned :x

so malwarebytes would catch it before even burning the cd?

i scanned it (the cd) today (4-5 days after the burn) and nothing appeared on the results.

Well, it does have to scan it to be able to detect it. So I guess if you skipped the scan during download and before burning it, there could be something in there. But I don't see why it would make a difference whether you scan it on the CD or before burning it. The data is the same. Generic trojans are easy catches for Malwarebytes and pretty much any antivir software. I wouldn't worry.

Yup i believe so. The data stayed the same on the cd so scanning it before or after it wouldnt bring a different result.

Does downloaded files get scanned by default by malwarebytes? Wow didnt notice that.

Thanks for the answer and the info buddy^^