I need a new 5.1 Receiver

zwunder

I am a video editor, and I like to mix my films in 5.1 audio. However my old receiver which had actual physical 6 channel input died. I need help finding a new receiver that still has a way to talk to all 6 channels independently. 

Previously I had the Denon AVR-1700. I need something with a similar capability to replace it. Any help would be vastly appreciated. I would also wouldn't care if it's 7.1/Atmos as long as it still has the ability for me to address each channel on it's own.

My Build:

i7 5820k ~ Sabertooth X99 ~ 32GB Crucial Sport ~ Nvidia Titan X ~ Enthoo Luxe ~ 512GB 850 Pro ~ Asus PB287Q

PC Part Picker List

Basically I need the ability to bypass any built in dolby surround and just have my PC tell each speaker when to make noise.

My Build:

i7 5820k ~ Sabertooth X99 ~ 32GB Crucial Sport ~ Nvidia Titan X ~ Enthoo Luxe ~ 512GB 850 Pro ~ Asus PB287Q

PC Part Picker List

I am a video editor, and I like to mix my films in 5.1 audio. However my old receiver which had actual physical 6 channel input died. I need help finding a new receiver that still has a way to talk to all 6 channels independently. 

Previously I had the Denon AVR-1700. I need something with a similar capability to replace it. Any help would be vastly appreciated. I would also wouldn't care if it's 7.1/Atmos as long as it still has the ability for me to address each channel on it's own.

Would multichannel PCM via HDMI work for you? If this would suffice, then most current AVRs will work. You just need an HDMI display on the monitor out of the AVR, and applications that can bitstream the output in realtime. 

If you really want analogue inputs, check out HiFi brands like Cambridge Audio. They equip their AV Receivers with analogue inputs (since they are built to accommodate high quality multichannel audio playback devices).

751r-v2-back-black-techspecs_full.jpg

Would multichannel PCM via HDMI work for you? If this would suffice, then most current AVRs will work. You just need an HDMI display on the monitor out of the AVR, and applications that can bitstream the output in realtime. 

If you really want analogue inputs, check out HiFi brands like Cambridge Audio. They equip their AV Receivers with analogue inputs (since they are built to accommodate high quality multichannel audio playback devices).

751r-v2-back-black-techspecs_full.jpg

What receiver is that a picture of?

My Build:

PC Part Picker List

What receiver is that a picture of?

Cambridge Audio Azur 751R V2. There is also a newer model that has multichannel inputs, the CXR200.