How to get my Windows 10 Key.

Ophidio

I want to be able to get my key used for my laptop and desktop just in case I ever need to reinstall using the boot drive I created when upgrading and downloading Windows 10. I'd also Like to get the key because I kind of want to completely format the harddrive on one of my PC's because well, it's old and it needs a fresh start. I mean good god, it's had Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and now 10 on it. Poor hard drive needs a spa day and good cleansing.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

You don't need a key for a clean install. It will automatically activate your copy of windows since it is tied to your hardware.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

You don't need a key for a clean install. It will automatically activate your copy of windows since it is tied to your hardware.

Not sure if you've done this, but when you do an install from a boot drive it ask for the key. My friend tried to just do an install from the boot drive and when he got to the key part he was like, "wtf i dont have a key i thought it was supposed to use my old key." He had a legit copy of windows and it fucked him over. I had to send him my 8.1 boot drive with key just so he could do the upgrade.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Not sure if you've done this, but when you do an install from a boot drive it ask for the key. My friend tried to just do an install from the boot drive and when he got to the key part he was like, "wtf i dont have a key i thought it was supposed to use my old key." He had a legit copy of windows and it fucked him over. I had to send him my 8.1 boot drive with key just so he could do the upgrade.

I have personally done this. Just click "do this later" located at the bottom left corner and it activates itself after install

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

I have personally done this. Just click "do this later" located at the bottom left corner and it activates itself after install

He did that but it still didn't work. I just wanted the key just in case and it'd make it a lot easier if I just went ahead and entered it there.