Ballistic Storm Build

Th0rHere
Hey all,

First time posting my build on ltt.

I have had most of the these parts since last year when Haswell-E launched. The issues facing the Fury X admittedly pushed me over the edge to go for a custom water loop. So I got the parts needed and got some time 2 weeks ago to put it together.

So this is really a semi build log/gallery post. So hope you all enjoy.

Here is where we the cutting will be needed to fit the 360mm radiator. Because of the Fury X issues and RMA;s, I had to go back to my old 7970 that my friend had, who got my 290X after my first Fury X.

cykVHqJ.jpg

The fun begins, previously cooled with a Corsair H105 that has worked very well.

WzfiSSP.jpg

Rotary tool and case are ready. The lines for the needed spaces are lined out, but more a little more space was eneded to expose the mount holes for the fans underneat

DHeEslu.jpg

Pretty smooth in the end. Not the best cut, but wasn't worried since it's not visible.

6u2V05b.jpg

Radiator is ready to go in, but the cables had to be moved, and the plastic cover modified as well.

G2phs0E.jpg

The cables for the power buttons are now routed through the sata dock on the Storm Trooper. Never used the sata dock, but it completes the look of the front of the case, and makes it easy to keep the cables from getting in the way of the radiator.

J0QOJRw.jpg

COME ON AMD. just cover the entire card in thermal paste why don't you. It was hardend as well. A killer to clean out.

1QdcyRN.jpg

But cleaned out it was. Not bad considering the interposer is somewhat fragile and cleaning out the old paste could actually kill your GPU.

AGMgab4.jpg

Block is on, and looks great.

YXb3zph.jpg

Back of the card will stay naked.

loEbbAW.jpg

The 360mm radiator is now on top with the fans inside the case, the case wholes sit between the radiator and fans. The roof also had to be cut to fit the radiator, but was easily done.

wCnbd05.jpg

Card is in its place and the tubing is now added. The bottom radiator is a 240mm 60mm with 2 x Noctua NF-F12 fans. The top 360mm radiator has 3 x Corsair SP low-noise fans

fdSeHki.jpg

Quick shot of the CPU waterblock.

S6ApuYG.jpg

Now it's it time to fill it up.

jVvuSXm.jpg

Getting the air out took some time due to the arrangement of the card and radiators. Patience gets you there.

r354hrz.jpg

I was planning on throwing the SSD's anywhere to keep cable management clean, but was able to mount them nicely on the outisde of the 3.5-cages. Very happy how they turned out.

w6XTRKB.jpg

When I saw EKWB were bringing out a single slot water block for the Fury X, i started thinking how good it would like mounted parrellel with the side panel. Looking good

Kxji7Ot.jpg

PCI-E extension/riser cables aren't widely available. Have a Black PCIe 3.0 X16 arriving soon that will replaced the PCIe 2.0 that I'm currently using. Not that performance is affected much at all.

UCUXS72.jpg

The red coolant was a must with the exposed water block on the graphics card.

KjCtnaz.jpg

fYAW1gm.jpg

The entire cable is rated for PCIe 3.0, and it's completely black.

Fa4Fp7O.jpg

A big thanks to liheat48 for sending out the PCIe 3.0 black riser/extension cable.

http://yawacu.blogspot.ie/p/blog-page.html

http://liheat.com.tw/

GJggXMg.jpg

Long enough to reach the top PCIe slot on the board.

9UeRJDi.jpg

Pretty much finished, but looking to add some Red LED's and another fan on the bottom radiator. I have also already replaced the PSU with an AX1200, as i was having issues with the AX860i not powering one of my hard drives.

4AgutFM.jpg

So far temps are excellent with Fury X on load under 50-degrees and the 5960x running @4.5GHz/1.26V hitting max of 70-degrees

Q3cOC89.jpg

Thats pretty my current build. I hope you enjoy the images. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate and ask away.

Pretty sweet little log :) I have one question though.. what case is that? :o I see it's ASUS, but I'm trying to be lazy and avoid searching everywhere... lol

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Pretty sweet little log :) I have one question though.. what case is that? :o I see it's ASUS, but I'm trying to be lazy and avoid searching everywhere... lol

CoolerMaster Storm Trooper

CoolerMaster Storm Trooper

I can't decide over the white version of this case or the 530 Phantom from NZXT, they both look sexy :(

I can't decide over the white version of this case or the 530 Phantom from NZXT, they both look sexy :(

I had the Storm Stryker for a good while, but when I was upgrading my friend was getting my older components, and really want the case as well. So when getting a new case, I went with the original black. Just to make things match a little better.

I loved the white one, and also the NZXT. Something about black and white that always works, but that being said. The smooth black on the Storm Trooper blew me away when I saw it the first time.

Everything works better together with the black case, but black and white builds always look great.