Corsair H100i GTX probs :(

First: I don't wanna hear anything about my choice in going AMD... I did it for my own reasons.

So I have the cooler all installed but when I go to plug the L shaped corsair link cable in.. The bottom right hold down nut is in the way on the am3+ bracket..

When I undo the nut then try and put the cable in the cable is right in the way of the standoff that holds the bracket in place..

When the nut is done up the cable won't go in to the pump with out being on an angle witch would cause damage to the pump or cable...

Any ideas?

y u go amd intelh is better

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Can we get an image of the issue?

Ye 1 second I'll edit this post with some pics

kr19DF5.jpg

bRsi3T4.jpg

yWb2vEG.jpg

That's quite a silly plug. Is it standard? Can it be replaced with a standard off the shelf cable? Can the waterblock be turned 90 degrees?

If I want my ocd to go crazy I can turn it (logo would be sideways..) And no its got a USB header plug on the other end.. I can see a cable mod with a spare cable coming today... Or I might be able to make a USB plug on a wire and use a standard cable.

I wanna keep the stock one intact for warrenty..

What about a 180? Is the logo then upside down? You could probably get a micro-USB extension of some sort to have it stick out a little bit more.

First: I don't wanna hear anything about my choice in going AMD... I did it for my own reasons.

So I have the cooler all installed but when I go to plug the L shaped corsair link cable in.. The bottom right hold down nut is in the way on the am3+ bracket..

When I undo the nut then try and put the cable in the cable is right in the way of the standoff that holds the bracket in place..

When the nut is done up the cable won't go in to the pump with out being on an angle witch would cause damage to the pump or cable...

Any ideas?

You need corsair link? You can use the cooler without it while you figure out how to plug the USB cable.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

You need corsair link? You can use the cooler without it while you figure out how to plug the USB cable.

I want to at least get the color to match my build (the cardboard case is temporary I just wanted to see if I could do it haha). I'll have to think on it for a bit, I mean I have tons of extra cables I can mod up.. So I may just go that route then hide it behind the motherboard tray as best I can

I took a closer look and its just 4 pins going in to one side on the USB header end, I have a USB cable with header pins I can hack the end off of and splice to a new cable.

Thanks for your help though guys!

1y0STfu.jpg

I would just use a USB cable and plug it in outside of the computer...

OP, do this its the easiest way and will work the same.. then set temp ranges and color. then Unplug, and your done.

if you need to, you can Cut and Splice another cable to get a straight plug. for constant link

OP, do this its the easiest way and will work the same.. then set temp ranges and color. then Unplug, and your done.

if you need to, you can Cut and Splice another cable to get a straight plug. for constant link

That's my plan, as I have the stuff to do a permanent link but no adaptor [emoji14] just saves me work later I guess :)