Can I make my own ps4

Ok so I was thinking... can I build my own ps4 if I get a blank hard drive and a USB with the Playstation software you download just like if you were installing a faster hard drive to your ps4. I know I would have to use the cord manually but still would the software work as if it was a normal ps4?

no

noooo

noooooo

no

no

no

https://youtu.be/5Us1ASENPws?t=8s

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

What does custom have to do with anything?? Software is software

The whole PC argument, or most of it, centers around the fact that the console OEMs make these closed platforms. Its locked to the hardware, and it was years before we were even able to jailbreak the ps3 and have libraries for homebrew development. Still can't even do all that without an exploit, and if you want to downgrade to attempt it on a newer system, you literally have to rewrite the flash chip by hand.

a2NqF1U.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

How does a piece of hardware tell the difference I don't understand?? Wouldn't it think the same thing when you put in a completely new INTERNAL drive in the ps4

No, the software is programmed to run with specific hardware that was made for the PS4.

I have an Xbox one and custom pc that is absolutely stunnimg, but my friends just want me to be able to play with them so I was wondering if that was possible

The whole PC argument, or most of it, centers around the fact that the console OEMs make these closed platforms. Its locked to the hardware, and it was years before we were even able to jailbreak the ps3 and have libraries for homebrew development. Still can't even do all that without an exploit, and if you want to downgrade to attempt it on a newer system, you literally have to rewrite the flash chip by hand.

a2NqF1U.jpg

Can you buy that hardware from people on ebay?

I would say its kinda like a Hackintosh. You need certain parts. But to make a console you cant get those parts.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I would say its kinda like a Hackintosh. You need certain parts. But to make a console you cant get those parts.

well can you add a gpu in a console?

How does a piece of hardware tell the difference I don't understand?? Wouldn't it think the same thing when you put in a completely new INTERNAL drive in the ps4

first of all the hardware is made for the software, and the software is made for the hardware. The whole thing is locked down, and no documentation is provided. The contents on the hard drive itself are encrypted, and the actual "os" is mostly dependant on the firmware, stored on an on-board flash chip, also with no documentation. When you hear "it's basically a PC" that's simpoly due to the CPU bieng x86, and having an on-board 7870 with some compute units disabled. 

Think of it like an old power PC mac. Much less locked down, yet hackinstoshes weren't really a thing until mac went intel x86, despite mac osx bieng MUCH more open than sony's crap. 

muh specs 

All parts black

no...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

no. The gpu is on a shared die with the cpu, and everything is designed to work with the gimped 7870 

muh specs 

All parts black

If you had an electrical engineering degree and a programming degree you could. :D

Let me explain how closed, propraitary and dark this is-

Sony doesn't even want you fixing your console. 

Even if say someone stripped down a bunch of  ps4s, and desoldered everything from he board, it's not likely you could even assemble a working one in theory if you had all of the right equipment. 

I don't know much about the ps4 since I've never fixed one, or even owned one...or known anyone with a desire to, but the ps3's BD drive had a controller board, which failed sometimes, or connectors broke when amateurs replaced the BD drive. The board acted like a locked daughter board, and would ONLY work with the motherboard of the console it was produced with. So if that thing broke, by-bye ps3. You'd have to get a new motherboard (console essentially) and a paired bd controller board for that. 

muh specs 

All parts black

If you had an electrical engineering degree and a programming degree you could. :D

you couldn't / 

muh specs 

All parts black

yes.... you could....

it is not possible without both information from sony, and completely reworking the design of the system. Then it would have to support it firmware side. 

muh specs 

All parts black

it is not possible without both information from sony, and completely reworking the design of the system. Then it would have to support it firmware side.

hence to programming and ee degrees. + you could make custom firmware