HTC M8 or Sony Z2?

Aniallation

Been contemplating this for a while, and not sure what I should go for. I like both of them, but I can only choose one.

The Xperia Z2 is better on most things except sound quality, both through speakers and headphones. However, most of the areas that the Xperia Z2 shines over the M8 aren't really important to me such as a bigger battery and better rear camera EXCEPT for the waterproofing, which I find really nice to have. The M8 lasts me through a day fine, and it's rear camera while lacking compared to the competition like the Z2 is more then enough for what I use a phone camera for. 

Right now I have the Z2, and somebody is willing to trade me their M8. The optimal situation would be if this trade happened right before school started, because only in school is it that I rely on my phone a lot for music and sound quality is a top priority, but during the summer the waterproofing is definitely nicer to have... unfortunately though I don't know if I'll be able to get another M8 trade offer in another month and a half (maybe not) and I have to make a decision now...

Should I go for the M8 or keep the Z2?

"Rawr XD"

Keep the Z2, this thing is lovely.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The Z2 is a really nice waterproofed phone. But even though the Z2 has Stereo speakers, it can't keep up with Boom Sound. Both are built like tanks and are awesome phones. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Keep your Z2. Especially if you like stock android. (As Sonys 5.0.1 is very clean) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Keep the Z2, this thing is lovely.

Do you have one? If so do you notice the bottom speaker being louder then the top? That's the one thing that's really driving me crazy about the Z2.

Keep your Z2. Especially if you like stock android. (As Sonys 5.0.1 is very clean) 

I don't mind either UI

"Rawr XD"

Yes, but flashing a custom ROM isn't that hard.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Do you have one? If so do you notice the bottom speaker being louder then the top? That's the one thing that's really driving me crazy about the Z2.

I don't mind either UI

My brother does, will ask him if he wakes up.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I don't mind either UI

I have a Z3

The top speaker for me is used for notifications, but no, the bottom one is not more quiet. 

Avoid Sony, the screens crack spontaneously.

Sent from cracked Z3, has 2 cracks, never dropped it before. The top 30% of the screen does not work.

Only on the Z3. It is a known issue to specific phones. 

Avoid Sony, the screens crack spontaneously.

Sent from cracked Z3, has 2 cracks, never dropped it before. The top 30% of the screen does not work.

I have the z1 and dropped it a bajillion times but the screen is intact even though the aluminium frame has seen a LOT of scratches

Keep the Z2.

The M8 is my favorite but I don't think it's that much better compared to the Z2.

The camera is better on the Z2 and so is the battery life.

I know you don't care about those 2, but after a while, they become more important.

Moving from an M7 to a G4 is almost refreshing in terms of battery life. Sure, it doesn't last much longer because of that 1440p display, but the battery did last longer, especially on standby. The G4 only lost 1-2% whilst the M7 lost 7-9%.

Waterproofing is also a big plus and personally, I think the Z2 looks the part compared to the M8.

Plus, dat black bar on the M8.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

The camera is better on the Z2 and so is the battery life.

I know you don't care about those 2, but after a while, they become more important.

I see where you're coming from but "after a while" doesn't really apply to me personally. I switch phones so often that futureproofing pretty much becomes irrelevant. I'll be using either the Z2 or M8 for at the very most a month, and that's stretching it quite a bit, more like 2-3 weeks.

"Rawr XD"