Death of Call of Duty?

spyder

Has the hype finally died down for COD? The last time I got excited for playing COD was modern warfare 3 and that was solely for the story line. I have played Ghosts (Boring), never bothered with black ops 2, or advance warfare, might not even buy BO3. Going all futuristic is kind of crap in my opinion, long live COD 4, couldn't give a stuff about the rest. What is your opinion? 

Give BlackOps 2 a try. Most YouTube gamers still play it as they skipped the AW/Ghosts shit. Look @ VanossGaming and his crew.

I was also a CoD4 elitist, but BO2 is just newer and IMO BO2 is the refresh that CoD4 did to the franchise. Ghosts/AW is the over-the-top shit like MW3, not that its bad, just too climatic.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

CoD will never die lol.

CoD 4 was the only good CoD game imo and yes I own all of them. :(

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Screw all that.. Americas Army (the original version) is the best of all FPS games.

/S  :ph34r: 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'll be as honest as possible. Anyone who truly loved COD... is simply not playing it anymore or giving 2 shits about what COD is doing anymore.

Once it hit consoles... that was the end of the true COD. Old school COD1 and 2 were by far the most competitive but Modern Warfare was fun, but using perks and shooting through walls took away the part of sneaking around that I liked.

I was very, very good at COD 1/2 and I played the hell out of it. Then MW came out, and it was the last game to have dedicated servers so people couldn't cheat. Anyone caught cheating would get kicked out instantly and banned from that server. Once MW2 came out, the matchmaking was consolized and hackers were killing me in the very FIRST WEEK of MP play so I just uninstalled it and never looked back.

I really enjoyed Call Of Duty 4 as all round it was a great game.

Other than that I think Ghosts had one of the best story lines and BO2 had arguably the most enjoyable multiplayer (excluding COD 4 from both mixes).

However I do agree that all this "futuristic stuff" e.g. momentum movement and exo suits is a bit over the top and I don't really enjoy it that much (even though I have a couple days play time on advanced warfare).

All Activision needs to do is to make just one game that would truly bring back the former glory

Just Remaster the old COD WW2 games without touching the story or gameplay

Just make the graphics more awesome and more tanks and flamethrowers

Dont' forget the F*ckin FLAMETHROWERS

It will just be a port to new engine and half assed remaster, yearly cod games are all rushed.

Yeah Activision is turning COD into a way to get fast cash every year

I wish companies stop doing that, and Activision isn't the only problem

Cod slowly declined from MW3 to BO2 and then declined a lot from the last two.

If BO3 is a fail and i god hope it isn't, then that will mark the death of CoD.

Treyarch best.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Well, its that kinda time of the year to argue about Call Of Duty.

Well, let me give you a run down on how Call Of Duty works. Well people say its 'Not a skilled base game' and that kinda pisses me off. Why is it skilled based you may ask, well CoD works by giving new player the skills he needs to advance in the game. E.g from a noob's perspective, Well, He's had 3 games with casual players skilled based like him, and then he runs into a 'pubstomper'. Now the pubstomper completely obliterates him and his team, he also carrying the other team. And after the game the noob will most likely idolize the player wanting to be like him. Well this 'fire' can be taken to the next level if the noob stays motivated, and he is eventually if he stays motivated is going to turn into the 'pubstomper' thats how Call Of Duty works from my point of view. Its a grind/skilled based game.

P.S Just saying, I've played competitive Call Of Duty BO2 - GBS and I have fairly good understanding of the game.

P.SS Using an ultrabook with tiny keys, I'm not gonna recheck because it will take an hour lol.

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

• 2 weeks later...

Copy of Paste #216

I quit CoD after Black Ops.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO