Star Citizen 90+ FPS Oculus Rift

I'm not exactly sure this is the right place for this thread, but if it isn't, i'm sure a mod will kindly move it for me. I apologize in advance.

I'm wanting to build, from the ground up, a PC that can run Star Citizen at a high framerate whilst also using oculous VR, so from what I understand, i'll have to hit 120+ fps WITHOUT the VR to be able to have a good framerate with it turned on. I suppose Crysis 3 at max settings would be a good benchmark for this, as it utilizes the same game engine to a very high degree.

I'd really appreciate it if some of you could help me piece together what i'll need, as I have absolutely 0 experience in this (although i do have working knowledge of the various parts and components).

@AvalonFive

GTX980Ti SLI maybe? Crysis 3 at max settings is something that will be able to be run in maybe a couple of years D:

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

star citizen specifically is more cpu sided than gpu sided so running oculus on in it for immersion will hit your gpu so you will need highest end gpu cpu combo so a skylake i7 980 Ti combo will be more than enough to run it at even 144 fps+ when they release but dx 12 assuming devs adopt most its features.