Download went from 60 to 90

Zayzo
Go to solution Solved by techguru,

I changed routers today and am still getting the same speeds. Did unplug it during then. 

so you unplugged the modem form the power

and then it changed...

thats pretty common with comcast I hear

what happens is the new config file doesn't get loaded to the modem till its power cycled

so comcast probably up'd there speeds a while ago..and never bothered to phone you or other customers to tell them to unplug there modems and plug them back in

everyone on comcast and certain other USA isp's should power cycle there modems once in a while

So i pay for 50 Mbps down from comcast but starting today i've been getting 90+ what is going on!??! I'm pretty happy. :)

4479129122.png

Did they double your speed?

Time Warner doubled my speed once higher speeds became available in my area at no additional cost.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I pay for 175/175 and I get 200/200. Maybe that or like projectmayhem said.

I pay for 105/15 and I get 125/25. I don't mind at all :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

Did they double your speed?

Time Warner doubled my speed once higher speeds became available in my area at no additional cost.

I pay for 175/175 and I get 200/200. Maybe that or like projectmayhem said.

I pay for 105/15 and I get 125/25. I don't mind at all :P

ohmygod you guys are so lucky I'm stuck with 15/1 they let me go up to 16.5 at most

they tried to get us a 500 down plan that doesn't even exist xD 

So i pay for 50 Mbps down from comcast but starting today i've been getting 90+ what is going on!??! I'm pretty happy. :)

4479129122.png

did you recently unplug the modem?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

did you recently unplug the modem?

I changed routers today and am still getting the same speeds. Did unplug it during then. 

and then it changed...

what happens is the new config file doesn't get loaded to the modem till its power cycled

so comcast probably up'd there speeds a while ago..and never bothered to phone you or other customers to tell them to unplug there modems and plug them back in

everyone on comcast and certain other USA isp's should power cycle there modems once in a while

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

and then it changed...

They don't even tell you when they update their speeds -_________-