Is there an app to limit charging?

LOST TALE

I want my phone to stop charging at 80%. or at 4 volts.

I have a oneplus one and really really do not that much battery. Since I plan to keep it atleast 3 years or forever, I'd rather not waste the battery health for NOTHING.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

No because your the only person who probably doesnt want their phone to be at 100%.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I have a oneplus one and really really do not that much battery. Since I plan to keep it atleast 3 years or forever, I'd rather not waste the battery health for NOTHING.

batterys are so efficient and good these says that it wont damage it and why would u not charge to 100 Heat damages LIthium ion not Amount of charge

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I don't think restricting the voltage makes it stop charging, it just charges at a slower rate.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

batterys are so efficient and good these says that it wont damage it and why would u not charge to 100 Heat damages LIthium ion not Amount of charge

where did you get your belief that they are so good?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I don't think restricting the voltage makes it stop charging, it just charges at a slower rate.

Restricting voltage to the battery, not to the charging current.

The battery consumes its voltage, until there isn't enough to pull the current further. The higher the charge, the higher the voltage.

Man even I wanted some kind of this. Not to stop charging at 80. but totally 100. You know. Sometimes I use my phone around 4%left. And that comes around to around the end of the day. And I have to get it charged so that I can use it the next morning. So I try to keep the phone to charge at night. But I fear that overcharge mightt damage the phone.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Man even I wanted some kind of this. Not to stop charging at 80. but totally 100. You know. Sometimes I use my phone around 4%left. And that comes around to around the end of the day. And I have to get it charged so that I can use it the next morning. So I try to keep the phone to charge at night. But I fear that overcharge mightt damage the phone.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about overcharging anymore. But put your phone on cooling surface if you're u want to keep the battery cooler

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Honestly I wouldn't worry about overcharging anymore. But put your phone on cooling surface if you're u want to keep the battery cooler

And it would survive without any problems the whole night? O_o

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

And it would survive without any problems the whole night? O_o

Yes heat what affects them. The internal charging system of the phone is designed to deal with power input. If you keep it cool will make the battery run better. And lithium batteries are very different design wise now anyway

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

Yes heat what affects them. The internal charging system of the phone is designed to deal with power input. If you keep it cool will make the battery run better. And lithium batteries are very different design wise now anyway

Am I gonna be good with a laptop cooling pad?

COMING SOON

Am I gonna be good with a laptop cooling pad?

Worth a try

It wont make a difference, they are rated for like 300-500 charges, so 3 years is a long time

That said, I have phones older than 3 years that batteries are fine, plus in like 2 years you can replace the battery for very little money

Also I doubt software can do this, you would need something hardware to cut off after each cell has hit 4v

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Unless reverse engineering I can't give you a 100% approved answer, but in most phones (and in the chargers i designed by myself) the design is like this:

The charger is a stand-alone solution and charges the battery independend from the CPU. This is for davety reason in case of a software freeze.

However some chargers can be configured by software. But the OS don't allow you to communicaze with the hardware directly and I'm sure it don't proviedes a function to set the values. "Normal" users would only write iseless values and complain when the battery life is halfed.

But the battery charger state mache is very sofisticated to minimize the capacity loose over time. So it is fine to charge it over night. Just make sure the phone don't gets to hot (>45℃) while charging/battery full and you will be fine.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil