Small PSU?

Mr_Boberto

Im looking in to a small power supply for use with an old Disney computer case. I measure that it can't be any bigger then 4.5 inch wide (from side panel to side panel) and about 2.5 inches tall. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. I was looking into a sfx one but think it may be a little to wide.

thats is one hell of a small PSU your looking for. sounds more like a powerblock then a PSU

It depends on what the PC has for specs. My work has a digital signage ITX machine using the PicoPSU which is not much bigger than an ATX 24 pin connector. Just use an external 12v power supply and the picopsu does the rest. It is VERY limited on power though. If you need power, jerryrig a common server power supply for standard connectors. I have a 1kw power supply thats about a quarter of the size of my ATX power supply.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=342

4.9 inches wide, 3.9 inches deep, 2.5 inches tall. This is the smallest SFX PSU available. Its a 450w fully modular gold rated PSU. Fan is loud, but what do you expect from a 80mm fan? 

it averages $90 on newegg and amazon, and for an extra $30, you can get a flat cable set to go with it. I know you asked for 4.5 inches wide, but i just dont see you finding a PSU that fits that description unless you go with Flex ATX form factor.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

EZyZzFX.jpg

Thanks for the help so far guys. Appreciate the input. My girlfriend got the old computer from her dad and loves the Disney case so I'm trying to build around that. May just have to get an SFX and try to make it work

Thanks for the help so far guys. Appreciate the input. My girlfriend got the old computer from her dad and loves the Disney case so I'm trying to build around that. May just have to get an SFX and try to make it work

The one i linked should fit perfectly in it, its the smallest SFX PSU in the world as far as i can tell. The only way to go smaller, would be to go Flex ATX, but they are much longer than SFX or ATX. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007657%20600014011 for Flex ATX PSU's.

The PSU i linked is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256084

It really is a powerful, small PSU. Can run an i7 and GTX 980 Ti on it. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.