Follow Up: Computer Power's Off Randomly

ddswh1pk0s

Hey guys I have a couple of updates in regard to my previous topic here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/386356-my-computer-and-monitor-turn-off-randomly/

I've just experience another shutdown while in GTA V. The shutdown occurred after I had my computer idling for about 6 hours to see if the restarts happen while idling.

So as of right now, I have taken my graphics card out to see if that is the issue, since all 4 times, i've been in a game when the restarts happen.

Is there anything else I could do to pinpoint the issue other than to see if any restarts occur while using integrated graphics?

Thanks for your help

what parts are shutting off the whole pc? or do some of them still run like the case fans or graphics card

All of the parts just cut out for about 5 seconds before my computer starts up again as if nothing happened

All of the parts just cut out for about 5 seconds before my computer starts up again as if nothing happened

maybe your psu is the problem. if not then its the electricity at your home

maybe your psu is the problem. if not then its the electricity at your home

Ok I'm suspecting PSU as well since all the restarts occurred while my computer was under heavy load and other stuff like my monitor or phone charger were still working

Ok I'm suspecting PSU as well since all the restarts occurred while my computer was under heavy load and other stuff like my monitor or phone charger were still working

yea try a higher watt one or something. 

Do you possibly have in your settings something that would shut off your pc after you get to a certain temp? I've seen some options on mine to where I could set it to shut off after it gets too hot.

Do you possibly have in your settings something that would shut off your pc after you get to a certain temp? I've seen some options on mine to where I could set it to shut off after it gets too hot.

No don't think it overheated I was only playing GTA V for about 10 minutes and my GPU and CPU aren't overclocked

No don't think it overheated I was only playing GTA V for about 10 minutes and my GPU and CPU aren't overclocked

Hmm, well that's about all I could think of.

might be the CPU

I was having similar issues with my system. I replaced my PSU first, then I replaced my mobo...I'm still having issues. Only one culprit left at this point lol

My comp restarts randomly, I can never pinpoint when it happens. It's done it under load and at idle. I've just accepted it until I can hopefully move up to Z107 or whatever is next. I'd rather not pay $300 for a used 3770k on ebay/amazon, when I bought it brand new for $330 and can get a brand new mobo/cpu for $500 or so. 

To elaborate a bit more, my computer started hanging when I would put it to sleep or on startup/shutdown. It would just sit there and spin forever at the shutting down/startup screen. Then I would hard reboot it and it would work just fine. It just gradually got worse and worse, and now it's restarting randomly. When I did the mobo swap I noticed one of the pins on the bottom of the cpu had a dark tint to it, and I couldn't get it off.