My Computer and Monitor Turn Off Randomly

ddswh1pk0s

Hey guys I've come across an issue that has happened a couple times in the past 2 days.

Yesterday I was using my computer and everything was going well until my computer and monitor turned off randomly for 5 seconds before restarting again. Everything before the power off was running perfectly. I was using my computer for about 11 hours before the restart happened.

The same thing happened again today after about 8 hours of use. All of my drivers are up to date at the moment and I have all windows updates.

I noticed today that an icon I moved on the desktop approximately 30 minutes before the restart was back in its old position when my computer restarted.

Thanks in advance for your help

It just did it again this time my computer was only on for about an hour and a half. I am certain that my CPU or graphics card were not overheating and all 3 times my PC has been running perfectly up until the failure.

However all 3 times this has happened I have been running P3D so I am not going to play that until I can be certain that that is not the issue.

Do they both turn off fully or just go to standby?

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

Do they both turn off fully or just go to standby?

Well I just realised my monitor goes to standby because there is no signal because my computer is off.

But my computer turns off fully and instantly before booting again about 5 seconds later

Well I just realised my monitor goes to standby because there is no signal because my computer is off.

But my computer turns off fully and instantly before booting again about 5 seconds later

I had a problem that sounds similar I had a bent CPU pin and although my PC did not turn on it could be a diffrent pin for you i would take the CPU out of its socket and check.

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk