Should I use the cases fan controller or my motherboards?

legolord464

Hello guys, I was just wondering if you would recommend using the fan controller on my case (Original Phantom) or plugging them into my motherboard (Asus P8Z77V_LK)

Well that depends on what fan you want to plug in. With case fans I would normally plug them into a controller and try to get them silent (but you can do the same with mobo and bios). For cpu cooler fans you should definitely plug them into the cpu fan connector because then the fan is intelligently controlled depending on the cpu temperature.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I would use the fan controller except for cpu fan(can change target temp in bios for that). Then you can have the case fans quiet. If you add a lot of fans and want it to ramp up automatically with temps, take a look at nzxt grid+ fan controller. Also follow your own post.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Depends on how you need/want fans to run. With that mobo you can create curves to fans so they adjust with CPU temp changing. Case controller is just for one setting, or if you are all for changing speeds for gaming/heavy use and idle/desktop. I would use mobo control if possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv