Need help with 60D

I have a 60D with this lens on it. I took a couple photos and the camera is amazing when I take macro shots (on the macro-mode) and shots 10 feet away (on auto) So this is a macro shot I took and I think it looks pretty nice. So is there any way I can take it that would be/look better. But what didn't look that good is when I took a picture of the woods behind my house from 60 feet away. This is how it looked and I'm not impressed, I took that on landscape mode and it looks just the same on auto. Is that the 60D's limit or am I doing something wrong. Also if you know any good guides for getting into the aperture, shutter speeds, etc that would be awesome. (no techquickie) Also would taking them in RAW (not sure if I am now) then editing them later help?

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Lord GabeN's gift to you: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-exposure.htm

Your camera should have a meter when you put it into manual mode, that tells you if it is exposed correctly. If the meter reads below zero, you just make the shutter speed longer and if it's reading above, you make the shutter speed shorter. A smaller aperture (higher F-stop number) will increase the depth of field, which dictates how much of the scene is in focus (typically I use f/8 for landscape photography, since that's the smallest I can go), and the shutter speed is self-explanatory.

dont use landscape mode, the auto modes will always give fairly mediocre quality. I suggest learning how to use manual mode and choosing iso, aperture, and shutter speed yourself. also, use single point auto focus if you are trying to focus on a single subject. That way the camera knows for sure what to focus on.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Don't use the automatic modes they are awful.

Just start with P. The camera will choose values for you but you are be able to change them quickly if you want a different aperture for example.

If you are used to it you can change to Av that's the most common mode for shootings under variating light conditions.

If you don't want to edit your pictures make sure that you are using a picture style you like.

Styles like faithful and T10NA are quite good.

If you want to edit jpeg use the neutral picture style with low contrast and sharpness or marvels cine