i5 3570k Overclock

So I decided that I want to overclock my 3570k. Right now I am running a 1.285 volts and 4.4 GHz. 1.280 and under crashed. While running Intel Burn Test the hottest a core has gotten was 81 degrees with it hovering in the mid to high 70s for the most part. I am up to pass 14 of 20 on IBT with these results.I have also validated 1.290 volts in IBT for over 20 passes with no crash, but I decided to try a slightly lower voltage for better temps.

Is this a good overclock? Should I try to push for more? Also what is the best way to validate this. Would 20 passes in IBT be enough. Should I also do 6-12 hours of Prime?

Also, how does my individual CPU rank? Is it a decent one?

Thanks.

For referance my build is:

i5 3570k

Noctua NH-D14

Define R4

Corsair HX 750

16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3

2 Samsung 840 Evo's in Raid 0

1 WD Red 3 TB for OS images and backups

1 WD Blue 1TB for Games

1 WD Black 2 TB for Media

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5TH

I build this machine about a year ago.

~snip~

Hello mackid and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :)

I would consult with some spec sheets for the save voltages for that CPU. The CPU Cooler should keep the CPU within its operating temperatures, but just to be on the safe side, check some reviews on that CPU and how it's OCed. I'm sure some of the guys here have experience OCing that particular CPU.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/