OnePlus will “shake up the industry” on June 1

PillowSmoke

oneplus-teaser-630x362.png

Whatever it is the company has planned will “shake up the tech industry,” according to a cryptic Tweet. The small Chinese startup already made waves with the OnePlus One, a device that eventually became our favorite smartphone from last year. If the company can hit the same notes of power, affordability and design, there’s a good chance OnePlus will repeat last year’s feat.

I'm quite interesting in what this company is going to offer and bring to the table this year round. I have been seeing around some other websites having rumors along the lines of where the next iteration of the opo will be sporting the Snapdragon 810 processor. I'm not quite sure how that processor is going to fair, because of how on some reviews and benchmarks with the 810. I had saw that it came along with some thermal issues where the chip would overheat resulting in the loss of performance. Awhile back I also heard that they had made revision to the chip, but I'm not sure how successful they were with that. I do know on some phones such as the HTC m9, there were issues of thermal throttling, where the chip was fine up to a certain length of time, you would just have the performance of the chip just drop drastically. There was the Xiaomi Note Pro (I think?), where they had to actually do some revisions to the internals of the phone in order to compensate for the heat generated from the chip. Hopefully by the time this phone get's into the hands of reviewers being a fully functional and a full release on the market, it won't come with any sort of thermal issues. Which we can only say so much as of now, only time will be the real judge if all goes swell. 

Below we have a official tweet from the company themselves, saying something big will hit on June 1, so I'll have my calendar marked for that date. 

https://twitter.com/oneplus/status/603229111352451072/photo/1

I do hope they also reveal some sort of pricing and variants when they do announce the phone on the 1st. My thoughts on that is if they do increase the price a bit, possibly an extra $50-$75 I think it would still be quite reasonable for what you get. If they did have the trade of a hike in price for something along the lines of bumping the material and build quality to an even higher "premium," that would also be quite nice.  I kinda like how they took that picture in their tweet, having the pencil, eraser, and a part of the sketching of the phone faded away.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/26/oneplus-will-shake-up-the-industry-on-june-1/ 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

That's like the worst post ever.

I say we delete the other post and keep yours Nuro :D

Very well written. 

Whoa whoa whoa hang on.

What else is someone going to write about an announcement? I'm not going to post about rumors.

I saw OnePlus make a Facebook post, so I made a tech new topic. But if you vote to have mine locked/deleted, that's cool. I just don't see the justification since it's just OnePlus announcing that they're making an announcement..lol.

It is a repost, get over it. Kloaked did it first and his post was succinct and to the point. Don't like it? Too fucking bad, post it first next time.

Calling foul on articles that actually meet the coc is pathetic. More words doesn't equal better. I know a thing or two about making posts.

Kloaked is right. If you're gonna start tacking on rumours don't bother. Rumours are garbage and turn this forum into a gongshow.

I say we delete the other post and keep yours Nuro :D

Very well written. 

If it worked like that I would agree, sadly that's not how it works. Although it could be merged with Kloaked's thread providing additional information to it.