MSI GTX 970 Gaming and MSI GTX 970 Armor

Flashie
Go to solution Solved by Rampiks,

Hi

What would be the difference (except for aesthetics) between the MSI GTX 970 Gaming and MSI GTX 970 Armor edition graphics cards? (and the $20 difference).

Flash

The main difference i see is that the gaming has a superior cooler with zero fan mode and comes with a higher clock speed

Hi

What would be the difference (except for aesthetics) between the MSI GTX 970 Gaming and MSI GTX 970 Armor edition graphics cards? (and the $20 difference).

Flash

Hi

Flash

The main difference i see is that the gaming has a superior cooler with zero fan mode and comes with a higher clock speed

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Armor is using the TF4 cooling while the gaming one uses their new TF5 cooling. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

What exactly would the difference in clock speed do?

What exactly would the difference in clock speed do?

not much, but i would MUCH rather go with the gaming one over the armor

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

not much, but i would MUCH rather go with the gaming one over the armor

Yeah I would go with it, which was my original plan - but the store ran out of stock due to high demand, and the only other GTX 970 they have that is similar would be the armor edition. Its either the armor edition or i need to wait a few more weeks for them to get stock before i can get my MUCH needed new gaming pc

if they have any other 970 that is fine, the only bad apple is the Asus STRIX (powerdelivery and overheating issues)

if they have any other 970 that is fine, the only bad apple is the Asus STRIX (powerdelivery and overheating issues)

Ok :) Thanks for the assistance 

Ok :) Thanks for the assistance 

no problem :)