Which GTX 960 should I get?

The Strix one. You don't need 4GB on a 960. And you get better cooling.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

PNY version if it really does have 4gb of vram........ the 2gb of vram is whats bad about the 960

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

I would get the 4GB version, the 960 runs cool enough as is it doesn't need an aftermarket cooler to perform well. Plus the extra VRAM would be useful for games like GTA5 and others in the future.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

4gb of Vram goes over some extra overclocking potential on my side. 2gb is barely enough on my GTX 660, The 960 should have enough raw performance to use up to 3gb. You want to run out of Raw performance before running out of Vram.

When you run out of Vram you will get a significant performance drop, But if you only run out of raw performance it will scale almost linearly.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

By asking which to get does that mean you have to get a 960? If not, go for a 290 or even a 280X, both great cards at a much cheaper pricepoint (mostly)

4gb of Vram goes over some extra overclocking potential on my side. 2gb is barely enough on my GTX 660, The 960 should have enough raw performance to use up to 3gb. You want to run out of Raw performance before running out of Vram.

When you run out of Vram you will get a significant performance drop, But if you only run out of raw performance it will scale almost linearly.

Those days when a gpu couldnt use all its vram are over, the 960 can easily use all 4gb

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Those days when a gpu couldnt use all its vram are over, the 960 can easily use all 4gb

It depends on the game, Some games uses more raw performance than Vram and the other way around.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer