Used HTC One M8 or Brand New ASUS Zenfone 2?

Root

So I'm planning on upgrading my phone from a iPhone 5C to either a used HTC One M8 or a brand new ASUS Zenfone 2. Both phones will cost roughly the same as it will cost me $450 for the ASUS Zenfone 2 or $480 for a used (like new) HTC One M8. The model of the ASUS Zenfone 2 I would be getting is ZE551ML-23-4G64GN (5.5" display, 2.3 GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage). The model of the HTC One M8 I would be getting is the 32GB model.

Which phone would you prefer? Which one should I get? I'm leaning towards the ASUS Zenfone 2 but like to hear your thoughts. Also, a 5.5" screen is fine as I loved using a friends iPhone 6 Plus and I did use a HTC One M8 for a couple days (flipped the phone for $60 profit a few months ago).

If you can deal with the software zen phone, else m8

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

M8 I like better.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

If you can deal with the software zen phone, else m8

Thanks. I've read and watched a lot of reviews about the Zenfone 2, so I would be uninstalling all that bloatware if I do get that phone. From what I know, off of memory, the M8 doesn't come with any bloatware or very little.

Thanks. I've read and watched a lot of reviews about the Zenfone 2, so I would be uninstalling all that bloatware if I do get that phone. From what I know, off of memory, the M8 doesn't come with any bloatware or very little.

Im not sure if you can just uninstalled it..

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

ofc the last year flagship.so go with the m8. you can`t compare the build quality and the software. or look at galaxy s5 or lg g3. 

if you need a 5.5'' phone look at the oneplus one. it looks better than the zen phone,performs about the same or better than the zen . 

M8 has mich higehr build quality, better battery life, smaller size, and better android skin. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

M8 has mich higehr build quality, better battery life, smaller size, and better android skin. 

the m8 is better even than the m9. and yes you can`t compare the zen with last year flagships. cheap chinese phone vs last year flagships,no way

the m8 is better even than the m9. and yes you can`t compare the zen with last year flagships. cheap chinese phone vs last year flagships,no way

ZenFone 2 is Asus which is Taiwanese. 

"Rawr XD"

Which phone would you prefer? Which one should I get? I'm leaning towards the ASUS Zenfone 2 but like to hear your thoughts. Also, a 5.5" screen is fine as I loved using a friends iPhone 6 Plus and I did use a HTC One M8 for a couple days (flipped the phone for $60 profit a few months ago).

If you do a lot of media consumption, then the M8. It's hard to go from those epic speakers back to a single tinny mono one. However $480 is too much for an M8.

"Rawr XD"

Im not sure if you can just uninstalled it..

You should be able to uninsatll/delete apps like AsusShare (or whatever it's called, their photo sharing app).

Screen size isn't an issue. I think 5.5" would be perfectly fine with me as I didn't mind it when I used my friend's iPhone 6 Plus. But 5" is still good too. If I can get a M8 for a bit cheaper I might consider it.

If you do a lot of media consumption, then the M8. It's hard to go from those epic speakers back to a single tinny mono one. However $480 is too much for an M8.

It sucks. $480 is $420 plus tax (13%) as it's a store that sells used/like new phones. Sadly people aren't selling their used/like new M8's in my area. I loved the M8's speakers. I do more media consumption than anything else. Besides social media, I usually watch YouTube/Netflix or videos that I put onto my phone.

It sucks. $480 is $420 plus tax (13%) as it's a store that sells used/like new phones. Sadly people aren't selling their used/like new M8's in my area. I loved the M8's speakers. I do more media consumption than anything else. Besides social media, I usually watch YouTube/Netflix or videos that I put onto my phone.

Then yeah M8 is probably your best bet if you do a lot of media consumption. The Xperia Z2 (used) and Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 (upcoming, new) both also have decent front-facing speakers but not as good as the M8's. I see quite a few M8 on Kijiji for around $400 if not slightly less, honestly it'd probably be worth the trip

"Rawr XD"