X99 Compact Build ~ Help

DomiZ

Hey guys, I'm building a PC in about 2-3 weeks and I was wondering if these parts are all compatible and if this pc will be not too loud and not to hot. I want this build not to be silent, but to have decent temperatures and noise. I'm open to recommendations.

Parts List:

Corsair Air 240 Arctic White

EVGA X99 Micro

Intel Core i7 5960x

Corsair DDR4 4x 4GB 2800MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX Black 1.2V

be quiet! Dark Power PRO 10 850W

And some thermal paste: 

Please let me know what You think and if there is any way to make this build better, my budget is $4,000 so I'm still under budget.

No HDD? 

No HDD? 

Right now I don't need an HDD but I am planning on upgrading to one in the future, for now I just need to get the thing together 

No clearance issues I can find. With the AIO cooler you don't need low profile memory however, you're not restricted in any way, so go nuts. For storage I would advise seeing if the sm951 is compatible with your motherboard (The NVMe version is slightly nuts)

No clearance issues I can find. With the AIO cooler you don't need low profile memory however, you're not restricted in any way, so go nuts. For storage I would advise seeing if the sm951 is compatible with your motherboard (The NVMe version is slightly nuts)

Awesome, so do you think this build would work just fine? I'm also going to get some white sleeved cables.

Awesome, so do you think this build would work just fine? I'm also going to get some white sleeved cables.

It'll be fine. Although, SP120 quiet editions aren't really THAT quiet. If you wanna go baller, you can get BeQuiet fans or Noctua Industrial fans, but you can also get really quiet fans from lesser known companies like GELID.

depending on what you want to do with that build, you could drop the 8-core for a 6-core and get a second GPU :P

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

depending on what you want to do with that build, you could drop the 8-core for a 6-core and get a second GPU :P

I'm staying with the 5960x, I could buy another Titan X but right now I really don't need it, even though it wouldn't hurt to go over budget. The only problem there is with SLI and the EVGA X99 Micro is that the second card covers the usb header, so I would have to change motherboards for sli since that usb will come in handy.

It'll be fine. Although, SP120 quiet editions aren't really THAT quiet. If you wanna go baller, you can get BeQuiet fans or Noctua Industrial fans, but you can also get really quiet fans from lesser known companies like GELID.

So how about Noctua 120mm 700 industrial fans or Noctua NF-F12? I prefer the look of the industrials but which one is better? Like I said, I will have 5 fans.

I'm staying with the 5960x, I could buy another Titan X but right now I really don't need it, even though it wouldn't hurt to go over budget. The only problem there is with SLI and the EVGA X99 Micro is that the second card covers the usb header, so I would have to change motherboards for sli since that usb will come in handy.

So how about Noctua 120mm 700 industrial fans or Noctua NF-F12? I prefer the look of the industrials but which one is better? Like I said, I will have 5 fans.

lol ... what a stupid pcb design.

if you go with the industrial version get the NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM ;)

lol ... what a stupid pcb design.

if you go with the industrial version get the NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM ;)

Okay, thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at them :)

Okay, thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at them :)

just be sure to get the PWM version, as both the motherboard and Corsair Link use PWM to change fan speed ;)

The build will work, I just feel at this price point a M.2 drive for boot makes a lot of sense. If you have clearance issues with a bottom PCIe slot you might want to look for some right angle extension cables. They do exist because everyone runs into this pro9blem with the bottom PCIe lane on a compact motherboard.

The build will work, I just feel at this price point a M.2 drive for boot makes a lot of sense. If you have clearance issues with a bottom PCIe slot you might want to look for some right angle extension cables. They do exist because everyone runs into this pro9blem with the bottom PCIe lane on a compact motherboard.

I could look into that, but I will buy a pcie wi-fi card so I don't know if everything will fit