Best graphics card

I'm thinkin about making a dedicated folding system, and i want it to be in the "sweet spot". What is the best price per perforce card for folding@home?

Gtx 970 and an i5 is the sweet spot for folding.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Quad Titan X sli & Dual Xeon 2699

Isn't Titan X bad ppd?

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Probably saw this but if a price isn't a problem check this out.

with double the gpus and a xeon 2699

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Isn't Titan X bad ppd?

Titan x get 750k ppd

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Titan x get 750k ppd

Oops, forgot, confusing at the topic at hand.

Performance per dollar.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

its probably equivalent to two 970s + the extra 8.5gbs of vram with the titan x

Well 2 970s is like 30% less so.

That vram won't really do anything.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

i'm running a 970 and a 4690k @ stock speeds. The gpu gives about 45-60k per day and the cpu is about 1-2k per day

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

750 Ti is a good card to use for F@H

It uses little power yet gets around 40-60K PPD.

Probably like 100w or less...

I guess i should buy one :P

i'm running a 970 and a 4690k @ stock speeds. The gpu gives about 45-60k per day and the cpu is about 1-2k per day

The GPU would only get about 45-60k/Day if it was getting Core15 WUs.

I have the same exact build, when its getting Core17 WUs im getting about 200k PPD With my GTX 970.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Quad Titan X?!?!??!?!?

That must be one fucking insane build

I'd doubt someone would blow +$4000 just for a simple folding rig

I wouldn't say Titan Xs are the best PPD/$... they are the most PPD you'll get for a single GPU though. Of the three that I have folding, each one generally huddles around 450k-500k PPD, but can spike all the way up to 750K PPD depending on the work unit. Honestly for a dedicated folder you're probably better off with 970s or 980s though.

Quad Titan X?!?!??!?!?

That must be one fucking insane build

I'd doubt someone would blow +$4000 just for a simple folding rig

That's 12K+

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Would people STOP recommended a Titan anything or Xeon whatever for ANY folding build!! They are not in any recommended for any build, period. If you have a Titan card for some reason and want to fold on it, grand! Same for Xeon chips. But, they would never, ever be in a recommended folding build, period. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would say right now, best bang for buck, the 970 hands down. But, the 960 may also be a great contender, based on price and power consumption. 

But, see what you can find used. Typically I have found some great used cards.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

i would stick with the 970. cpu folding is minimal in comparison but it does add up. a little bit of overclocking goes a looooong way! for instance taking an msi gtx 970 from 1325-1516 generated an extra 50-75k ppd for me on core 17 units most days excedeing 300k ppd on a single card. 

The GPU would only get about 45-60k/Day if it was getting Core15 WUs.

I have the same exact build, when its getting Core17 WUs im getting about 200k PPD With my GTX 970.

What is the difference between Core17 and Core15? How do I change it? I just hit the 500k mark

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

What is the difference between Core17 and Core15? How do I change it? I just hit the 500k mark

You cant change it, its assigned to you. If youre lucky you will get a core17 WU, if unlucky Core15.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Would people STOP recommended a Titan anything or Xeon whatever for ANY folding build!! They are not in any recommended for any build, period. If you have a Titan card for some reason and want to fold on it, grand! Same for Xeon chips. But, they would never, ever be in a recommended folding build, period. 

This ^^ 

I get 220K on a 980 and on good days it can go up to 270K. Depends on luck though. 

Edit: On bad days I get 99K. Just got a core 15 WU. :(

Edited by BrandonTheCat