[Mostly Complete] Project: PC-WN (Enthoo Evolv ITX)

KronosOne

Between those two, even though I favor Corsair, I'd chose the X61. The H100i GTX doesn't appeal to me as much because the tubing comes directly from the top; however, I do like the aluminum branding on the radiator but if you're going to be running a push system then it won't even be visible. 

Although I'm also thinking about the X61, it's the best performing AIO (from everywhere i look), but the 400mm long tubing...

Mmm.. That seems a bit long for this case, or isn't?. How does it compare with the H100i GTX's tubing?

Mmm.. That seems a bit long for this case, or isn't?. How does it compare with the H100i GTX's tubing?

I've done a little searching, and the tube length seems to be the same as the H110i GT, the one used in PCWN (Project Currently Without a Name), so it's 360mm. Not exactly a big difference.

Thanks so much! Is the cooling performance good? And would you go with an AF140 or an AF120? Also your paint skills aren't that bad.

I'm sorry, I totally forgot to answer you first question, cooling performance so far is good.  In terms of venting out the top, I'm not sold on the tiny vent ports on the side and the open back, but it does seem to do the trick.  Maybe at some point I might put on my big boy modding pants and open it up a bit, but so far it is working.  There is a major issue with the H110I GT in that the fans can cause a LOT of vibration.  And by a lot I mean, I can feel it through the floor and up onto my desk.  I was able to fix this issue through Corsair Link by setting the pump to "performance" mode (~3000 rpm) and then limiting the two 140mm exhaust fans to sub 1000 rpm.  I noticed after some testing, that once they pass 1100 rpm, the vibrations start.

Would I recommend the AF140 / 120 fans... hmmm, I think there is better on the market, but it just depends on how much you want to spend for them.  If it were not for the fact that I was able to fit the AF140 into the case, I probably would have gone with a 120mm fan.

The front intake is also something I've been worrying about a bit as of late.  While my overall temperatures are quite good, there are times where I wonder if the system is getting enough fresh air through the 200m fan.  I wish that Phanteks would have made the openings larger / pushed the front panel a bit further out as to give some more room.

I've done a little searching, and the tube length seems to be the same as the H110i GT, the one used in PCWN (Project Currently Without a Name), so it's 360mm. Not exactly a big difference.

I like the ring of PCWN, sounds like PC win, so I'm stealing it for the title :D

The tube length of the H110I GT is.... well I wish it was 1 or 2 inches shorter and a bit more flexible to be honest, but I can see why it's this length for versatility regardless of the case it's installed in.

In other news, I ordered a set of PSU cables from CableMod.  Price wise, they hit a perfect point.  Going to install some cable combs on them myself.  Once they arrive (are still on back order from NCIX, but over on Hardware Canucks, their rep mentioned that a new shipment was arriving within a few weeks), I will probably tear down the system, do some modding with ye old dremel and I figure it will be completed at this point.

Speaking of modding (way to many segue...) there is also another piece from the front of the case that I will probably remove.

Rad%20Support%20Bracket%20-%20Enthoo%20E

Just underneath where the red circle is, you can see that there is L bracket that is touching the tubing, this is for supporting a front rad and as I have ruled out watercooling this particular case (not willing to lose my HDD bays), I don't see much of a point for it and it is not structural.

Hey @KronosOne, how silent is that Corsair AF140 you have on the back? I'm thinking on getting that one or a Noctua NF-A14 (either the ugly brown or the iPPC black version), haven't decided yet. (Other fan recommendations welcome)

Hey @KronosOne, how silent is that Corsair AF140 you have on the back? I'm thinking on getting that one or a Noctua NF-A14 (either the ugly brown or the iPPC black version), haven't decided yet. (Other fan recommendations welcome)

It's quiet really quiet since I run it at only 600rpm.

Thanks!

Are you finding any coil whine in your parts? Also does the case have a USB 2.0 header, because the Maximus VII Impact has only 1 USB 2.0 header, right?

I would imagine the Corsair Link cable would be occupying the header.

No coil whine at all from anything.  The case does not, only front USB 3.0 and yea, the VII Impact has it's only USB 2.0 Header occupied by the Corsair Link Cable.

• 1 month later...

There was interest about what can actually fit inside of this kind of case, so I figured I would get off my lazy ass and about post up some more stuff on this build.

It's been done for a little over a month now and running fine since then (apart from the horrendous NVidea driver issues with Witcher 3 and causing the video to lock up every now and then... which of course only started to return after I thought I had fixed it when the story was getting really interesting).

IMG_5243.jpg

Yes that is a Corsair H110I GT that I managed to fit inside.  It does not normally work, as the brackets that support the removable radiator tray are too long, however I simply just bent them down (and did a rather mess on it honestly).  I now have my dremel back after loaning it out, so once I get a few more ascetic parts to upgrade, I will be cutting the supports down to length.  No, there is no issue with support even at their current state as it is also supported on either side by sliding into the mobo wall & screws on the window side of the case.

IMG_5246.jpg

Semi glam shot of the case with the LED turned on (yea, can't really see it because of how crap the lighting is in my office.  For those that are wondering, the space between the GPU and the PSU cover is about 0.75 cm.  I have had no issues with temps so far, hovering in the high 60s to low 70s when under 99% load with W3.

IMG_5250.jpg

EDIT:  Tolerances are also INSANELY tight for the 140mm exhaust fan, at the start I though I would have to order a 120mm one, but I was somehow able to get it to fit on the lowest part of the cutout.  I might not be able to get the anti-vibration grommets I ordered from Dazmode to fit in, even at only 2mm thickness.

Did you have to bend the railing on the other side (left of the picture) too? I am looking forward to be doing something like this and wondering if I could fit a H110i GTX or Kraken X61 without having to bend the railing since H110i GTX and Kraken X61 has 1cm shorter radiator compared to H110i GT.

Additional questions, can one install fans on top of the radiator bracket by removing the top cover? I will use X99e-itx motherboard and it has the memory slots on the top instead of right, how much close does the radiator get to the motherboard?

Love your work.

• 2 months later...

So the temps are great for the GPU?

I'm thinking to change my Prodigy to this case.

Nice build by the way.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again, I'm seeing there's not much activity on the site now.  :P 
Just wondering what LED strip(s), you're using. 

Did you have to bend the railing on the other side (left of the picture) too? I am looking forward to be doing something like this and wondering if I could fit a H110i GTX or Kraken X61 without having to bend the railing since H110i GTX and Kraken X61 has 1cm shorter radiator compared to H110i GT.

Additional questions, can one install fans on top of the radiator bracket by removing the top cover? I will use X99e-itx motherboard and it has the memory slots on the top instead of right, how much close does the radiator get to the motherboard?

Love your work.

Just get some LP memory(if DDR4 has that), or normal height memory, because I think the rear io is about the same height as memory.

• 1 month later...

Great built, I have something similar in mind :) May I know how much clearance is there between the radiator on top and the impact motherboard, as I know impact motherboards has a 'daughterboard' on the top. I am concern if a 280mm radiator would fit with the impact motherboard. 

Great built, I have something similar in mind :) May I know how much clearance is there between the radiator on top and the impact motherboard, as I know impact motherboards has a 'daughterboard' on the top. I am concern if a 280mm radiator would fit with the impact motherboard. 

Roughly ~1.75~ inches, but I have a 240 mm rad installed, so I cant say for 100% 19cm from the back to the front of the rad by the side panel, so you have to include the motherboard and stand offs, and then the rad thickness.

• 9 months later...

I'm planning on swapping out my h100i v2 for the Kraken X61 and would like your feedback for a modification I may make.

Instead of bending the bracket, do you think extending the slots where the radiator screws into will allow the entire unit to shift towards the rear of the case and not hit the bracket that you bent?  You mentioned using a dremel to cut the bracket so I figured since I'll be cutting, wouldn't it be easier to just extend the slots?

Hopefully the X61 won't even need modifications.  Thanks ahead for your feedback.