Computer Monitor for Gaming

ReecePwns

Hi guys it is my first time here and i come to get help with choosing a new monitor. My build is a mix of some of my friends old parts and some new parts I bought I will list my build below. My budget for my monitor is around $120 preferably covering shipping to my home, in the U.S., any and all help is appreciated.

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor

RAM: 8GB(2x4GB)

Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB BLue

MOBO: MSI 970A-G43 AM3+

PSU: CoolMax 1000W 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular ATX

Where did you get this PC? It's quite unbalanced

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Hi Reece,

For that budget, solid options are available, but the choice is a little limited. The good news, is that plenty of 1080p options are among them. Since your budget is tight, you'll probably want to look out for special offers. Here are some things to look out for:

Resolution: 1920x1080 (should be pretty clear why...)

Panel type: IPS (for the best colour reproduction; often the first thing to suffer with budget monitors)

Response time: < 5ms (any more than this and ghosting becomes quite noticeable)

Refresh rate: 60Hz (you're not going to be pushing a higher frame rate than this at 1080p with your GPU - any less is going to be irritating, any more will be pointless (and dubious at this price point)).

A reputable brand: Asus, Acer, Dell, LG, Phillips to name but a few (flickering, degradation and outright failure are all quite likely if you go for some obscure company you've never heard).

An example that fits all of the above is available here, from Newegg and with shipping comes in under your budget:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009655R

Kind regards,

Charlie

Where did you get this PC? It's quite unbalanced

It is something i threw together with a few of my friends help and old parts that is why its so unbalanced I am working on upgrading now.