Best way to Antialias?

JebKerman

It's pretty much as the title says, What is the best way to make a game appear crisper (other than a new monitor, which I probably should get onto (1600x900 atm))

Or if there isn't a best single or combination of techniques, what are the perks of each one?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

DSR or MFAA. Both work on the 970 and can be enabled in the nVidia driver.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

DSR or SSAA.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

4K Monitor and run the game at 4K.

Makes the game look way better.

Damn, I read the topic as "best way to Atlantis"

It's pretty much as the title says, What is the best way to make a game appear crisper (other than a new monitor, which I probably should get onto (1600x900 atm))

Or if there isn't a best single or combination of techniques, what are the perks of each one?

The most powerful antialiasing effects are supersampling or Nvidia DSR, which renders the game at a higher resolution and downsamples to your resolution. Aside from those, the best trade-off between performance and effectiveness depends on what's available in the game. Where possible, I prefer SMAA or TXAA. I generally turn off FXAA anywhere I can.

Aside from maybe the first two brute-force solutions I suggested, antialiasing won't really make the game look "crisper," in fact some will blur parts of the image. That terminology makes it sound like the problem is a relatively low monitor pixel density (PPI).

4K Monitor and run the game at 4K.

Makes the game look way better.

Still on 1080p over here.

Would love 1440p IPS, 144Hz, G-sync but I will have to wait till I win a lottery for that to happen :'( they are so soooooo expensive.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Would love 1440p IPS, 144Hz, G-sync but I will have to wait till I win a lottery for that to happen :'( they are so soooooo expensive.

I'm so cheap when it comes to monitors, I hope I'm not alone!

The Best of the Best is to use a 4K Monitor and Run at 4K . There is still a bit of aliasing but not much. It makes the game look WAY BETTER.

As someone who has used DSR on my 1080P Monitor and Ran Native 4K . DSR is meh , there are some very bad scaling issues on certain games.

SSAA or MSAA is GPU Intensive but overall results are pretty awesome. 

FXAA to me is eh . Doesn't do much compared to other AA Techniques but not much performance drop . 

I can't talk about TXAA since I haven't had the need to use it.

1080P is fine depending on Screensize . I use a 22-Inch 1080P Monitor I use for my PS4 and it looks pretty damn good. 

My 28-inch Monitor for my PC is 4K . If I was to get a 1080P Monitor for my PC it would be 23-22 Inches. 

I game super close to my monitors so a low PPI Makes me want to puke.

Even at 1440p I don't use MSAA and promptly disable Post-AAs

I'm so cheap when it comes to monitors, I hope I'm not alone!

Same, each of my monitors cost me £120.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE