Need Networking Advice

I want to update my home network and increase the strength and range of my wifi. I have very little knowledge on networking devices or things of that sort. Thorough explanations and any video guides or tips people have is very welcome just try to explain like I'm 5 please! Thanks in advance!

Simple, use a WIFI range extender.

Unless you come across a concrete wall (Walls depending on thickness and material shorten the power and range of Wifi) you shouldn't have too much in terms of problems.

I had to use two access points at my mums work to give her building full coverage, it can become expensive.

Also simply upgrading your router can be an option, most ISP routers are awful for speed/range, unless your on an ISP like sky you should have no issue swapping the router.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Thanks, I figured those might be the things to do, but wasn't sure if there was more benefit to buying separate device instead of an all in one access point. What are the more reliable brands I should look at? And my house is nothing but brick walls. I don't use a ISP provided router, just their modem. With a wifi range extender are there any compatability issues I should watch for? What's the best way to cable manage Ethernet cables to my walls?

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to spend my money without knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks, I figured those might be the things to do, but wasn't sure if there was more benefit to buying separate device instead of an all in one access point. What are the more reliable brands I should look at? And my house is nothing but brick walls. I don't use a ISP provided router, just their modem. With a wifi range extender are there any compatability issues I should watch for? What's the best way to cable manage Ethernet cables to my walls?

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to spend my money without knowing what I'm doing.

1. I tend to think that getting separate devices is a good choice, a more complicated one but still a good one.

2. Reliable brands, well most of the main stream brands are good like TP-Link, ASUS, NETGEAR, Ubiquity. Most of them will perform close to each other, with exception to some models. It all comes down to personal preference and the features of the router.

3. As far as I know, there are no compatibility issues with anything.

4. Managing cables is a bit challenging when you have a brick wall. I for example just trew the cables on the ground like a peasant lol, but since it's all behind furniture it doesn't really matter (to me). You could use something like plastic cable canals, there are sticky ones as well so you don't have to screw anthing in.

I probably should of clarified that they have plaster over them. So I'm assuming I can use something similar to what Linus used in Singapore for managing. Wasn't sure if that was the best option out there. And thanks! You've been very helpful!