GTA Online how not to repeat missions and when do heists happen?

bydus

I've been playing Online for few days and i'm level 20 but I'm still a little bit confused about the whole system. I usually go menu, quick action and choose mission but they tend to repeat, do I get assigned to different new missions randomly when I level up? Also I get a lot of messages to join for "Prepare for Heists" missions but when do I get to play the actual heist ? I did play it once and not sure how that happened. Is there some good guide that explains everything in online and which route you should take to experience the most out of it? Its very big game and it gets confusing sometimes... 

You unlock more missions the higher your rank.

Heists require setups, getting trucks, explosives, whatever the heist calls for. You don't actually execute the heist until the setups are done. If you are playing with random people you may not get invited to the actual heist, as the host of said heist could invite other people.

Say A starts the heist setup. He invites B,C,D and they complete the setups. A could then invite X,Y,Z to actually complete the heist without ever involving B,C,D.

To start your own heists you need a high end apartment. Then lester will call you and you will start doing your own setups and such

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You unlock more missions the higher your rank.

Heists require setups, getting trucks, explosives, whatever the heist calls for. You don't actually execute the heist until the setups are done. If you are playing with random people you may not get invited to the actual heist, as the host of said heist could invite other people.

Say A starts the heist setup. He invites B,C,D and they complete the setups. A could then invite X,Y,Z to actually complete the heist without ever involving B,C,D.

To start your own heists you need a high end apartment. Then lester will call you and you will start doing your own setups and such

Many thanks mate!