Intel pentim g3258

What are chances to OC this cpu to 4.6 Ghz with 212 EVO?

What are chances to OC this cpu to 4.6 Ghz with 212 EVO?

It can OC to 4.6Ghz on the stock cooler.  212 EVO will be better, but the stock cooler is very good because the Pentium is just 2 cores.  I've seen people pushing 1.3v on the stock cooler and still being just fine.

It all comes down to silicon lottery though.  How good of a chip did you get.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It can OC to 4.6Ghz on the stock cooler.  212 EVO will be better, but the stock cooler is very good because the Pentium is just 2 cores.

But what would be bad chip i don't want to get chip that can't OC even to 4 Ghz.

But what would be bad chip i don't want to get chip that can't OC even to 4 Ghz.

Silicon lottery man.  There have been some people who get bad overclocking chips.

In my opinion, don't buy a Pentium.  Buy an i3.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well you can't tell what you're going to get - hence the phrasing of silicone 'lottery'.

Sig under construction.

Well you can't tell what you're going to get - hence the phrasing of silicone 'lottery'.

Well i will get heart attack if i get bad chip cause i saw 99% of people on internet get it 4.4 Ghz stock

I must get those values :/

Well i will get heart attack if i get bad chip cause i saw 99% of people on internet get it 4.4 Ghz stock

Again, there's nothing guaranteeing you'll get it but then you might just need to use a 212 Evo so you can pump higher voltages in to get the same results.

Sig under construction.

Again, there's nothing guaranteeing you'll get it but then you might just need to use a 212 Evo so you can pump higher voltages in to get the same results.

Yeah EVO can survive at high voltages i think i will be able to get it to 4.4 Ghz.

If you must get those values then get a 4790. The only thing Intel guarantee is that the processor will run at the indicated speed out of the box. Anything above and beyond is extra.

Maybe buy a used chip from someone that achieved that speed with it? Still won't be guaranteed the same result but at least you know the potential is there.

It can OC to 4.6Ghz on the stock cooler.  212 EVO will be better, but the stock cooler is very good because the Pentium is just 2 cores.  I've seen people pushing 1.3v on the stock cooler and still being just fine.

Yep, mine has been running at 4.4 GHz at 1.3v (could probably get it a little lower but it's really not worth the time) for a while now.  This weekend I tried to get it to 4.6, but had to go all the way to 1.4v  (BSOD in under a minute  at 4.7/1.4),  The benchmark improvements were simply not worth it IMO, so it's back at 4.4 GHz.  So I guess you'd say it's a little below average chip.

Its on an ASRock Z97 Pro4, in a Thermaltake Core V51 with a 212 EVO, with an added fan for push-pull.

Temps have never been an issue.  Under full load with AIDA64 it runs in the high 50s at 4.4 GHz, and at 4.6 GHz the temps only got into the low 60s (ambient temps are about 22 degrees.)