Overheating CPU and CPU fan slow.

Hi can someone help me? My pc today has been very hot and the cpu fan isnt running fast. Its about 99 degrese celcious and its a i5 760 no overclock and a hyper evo 212.

Fan speed:
http://gyazo.com/1e1f6c0c11aa46039a59a9d593dfc58c

CPU:
http://gyazo.com/20b1ad839955494444dc7be81b1fb011

(im using HWMonitor by cpuid for fan speed and AIDA64 for the cpu reading thing)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

also btw sometimes the cpu fan spins and then stops then spins again.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Hi can someone help me? My pc today has been very hot and the cpu fan isnt running fast. Its about 99 degrese celcious and its a i5 760 no overclock and a hyper evo 212.

Fan speed:

CPU:

(im using HWMonitor by cpuid for fan speed and AIDA64 for the cpu reading thing)

Regardless of how slow the fan is spinning on that cooler it should not get that hot. Try swapping out the thermal compound

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Regardless of how slow the fan is spinning on that cooler it should not get that hot. Try swapping out the thermal compound

Well just a few months ago I swapped the thermal paste because every year I swap out the thermal paste so it should not be because of the thermal paste.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

new thermal compound (clean off the old with rubbing alcohol and make sure it's completely clean) and also make sure you've tightened down the cooler well.  Don't crush it but you shouldn't be able to wiggle or shift it at all when it's tightened right.

new thermal compound (clean off the old with rubbing alcohol and make sure it's completely clean) and also make sure you've tightened down the cooler well.  Don't crush it but you shouldn't be able to wiggle or shift it at all when it's tightened right.

I replaced the thermal compound a few months ago so it should not be because of the thermal compound.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Well just a few months ago I swapped the thermal paste because every year I swap out the thermal paste so it should not be because of the thermal paste.

Is the heat sink tightened all the way down? Just because you swapped the Thermal Compound doesn't mean much. It matters how you apply it. Not trying to offend you or anything, but you may have put it on wrong

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Is the heat sink tightened all the way down? Just because you swapped the Thermal Compound doesn't mean much. It matters how you apply it. Not trying to offend you or anything, but you may have put it on wrong

Yes it is tightened all the way down. I put a medium sized blob in the center and then put the heatsink. If it matters at all the cpu was yellow before.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Not really a problem with the 212 EVO since the screws can't be turned past a certain point. They level out at a good point so you won't break your motherboard in half

Yes it is tightened all the way down. I put a medium sized blob in the center and then put the heatsink. If it matters at all the cpu was yellow before.

That's not right, a cpu should NOT be yellow. Take off the heatsink and thoroughly scrub the CPU with some a cloth with isoprypyl alcohol on it. You should be putting a pea sized dot in the center of the CPU. With thermal compound, less is more. You always want to make sure the CPU is clean before putting thermal compound on. Also, cleaning off the paste yearly is really unnecessary, as every 2 years is more than often enough.

Guys I found the problem. When I put a little bit of pressure ON the fan (not the heatsink) it spins back at its normal rate. But I need to constantly apply pressure (a small bit of pressure) to it. Any ideas to fix this?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

That's not right. Take off the heatsink and thoroughly scrub the CPU with some isoprypyl alcohol. You should be putting a pea sized dot in the center of the CPU. With thermal compound, less is more

It was yellow before because of an inproper heatsink installation and overclocking using the stock cpu D: it overheated. (i was dumb xD) I also did put a small one like 2 drips of water.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Guys I found the problem. When I put a little bit of pressure ON the fan (not the heatsink) it spins back at its normal rate. But I need to constantly apply pressure (a small bit of pressure) to it. Any ideas to fix this?

Try taking the fan off of the heatsink and seeing how it runs

Fan speed:

CPU:

is the fan plugged in ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

It was yellow before because of an inproper heatsink installation and overclocking using the stock cpu D: it overheated. (i was dumb xD) I also did put a small one like 2 drips of water.

That still shouldn't be yellow. That film is acting like coat around the CPU, giving you those extremely high temps

is the fan plugged in ?

Obvisely yes but in the power fan pin because when I plug it into the cpu fan pins it doesnt spin at all. (probably broke that)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

That still shouldn't be yellow. That film is acting like coat around the CPU, giving you those extremely high temps

but just a few weeks ago i had way lower temps..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

bump need help still D:

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

bump need help still D:

do u have on overclock on the cpu?:

if so take it off

is the cooler getting hot?

if it is not then there's a problem getting the heat out of the chip

do you have any other thermal compound other than the one you are using?

maybe the thermal paste has gone bad? try another tube?

its possible u may have nerfed something when it overheated.....

any one think the internal tim is damaged? (the one under the heat spreader can this even happen?)

Just get a new fan? Go with a nf-f12!

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

do u have on overclock on the cpu?:

if so take it off

is the cooler getting hot?

if it is not then there's a problem getting the heat out of the chip

do you have any other thermal compound other than the one you are using?

maybe the thermal paste has gone bad? try another tube?

its possible u may have nerfed something when it overheated.....

any one think the internal tim is damaged? (the one under the heat spreader can this even happen?)

Cooler is very hot.

I do and I don't think I need to reapply because I bouoght my thermal paste in late 2014 and its arctic silver s7 3.5g.

I already took off the overclock and yes my cpu is so nerfed its 1350mhz. (Thermal throttling)

Probably not because it's the fan that's spinning slow, everything else is fine I just need to fix the fan somehow.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

snip

since seems your ok on the contact with the cpu, so its seated right and the thermal paste is good.

have u tried adjusting the fan speed setting in the bios?

have u tried different fans?

use different fan headers on the motherboard?

hell power them from a molex adapter if u need to(last resort)

If you've identified the fan as the problem.....get a new fan....Hell, get 2 and run it in push/pull, the 212 evo should have come with an extra set of brackets.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

you could just get a new fan

Main PC: ASUS PRIME X299-A / Core i7 7820X / 16GB DDR4 / Palit GTX 1070 Ti / Corsair CX550F / Corsair Carbide Air 540

Secondary PC: ASUS X99-A / Core i7 5820K / 16GB DDR4 / EVGA GTX 780 ti Classified / Corsair CX500M / Fractal Define S