Would you consider this a succesful OC? (i5-4690k @ 4.7GHz)

Hey guys, just wanted to know your opinion on this:

Motherboard: Gigabyte SOC Force Z97 (fun fact: since this is an overclock motherboard, the default settings set my CPU frequency at 4.2GHz and 1.300v core, even after clear cmos! Thats pretty cool imo).

Back in topic: i manged to reach 4.7GHz with 1.275 Vcore.

http://i.imgur.com/t7beTx5.png

My stress tests: Snce i dont trust the "stress program", which only purpose is to put the CPU on a irrealistic enviroment and therefore, lower the lifetime of the CPU, i decided to just Rendier a 1 minute video @ 1080P with Sony Vegas 13.0, some Crysis Gameplay and Some GTA V aswel (those are the programs/games that i use the most, so i measure the stability with stuff i use, not some surrealistic sh*t. Tip: after the OC, the longass loading screen from GTA V were greatly diminished :) .

When rendering, the maximum temp is 71 C.

When playing (Ultra settings, 1080p, ultra settings), it goes to around 60-65.

Idle 28-35.

Oh and another fun fact: i tried to reach 4.8GHz with 1.333 vCore and the rendering time was the same as with 4.7GHz (and before it finishes, my pc crashed and then i decided to go back to 4.7 and play it safe). Weird.

Cooler is a Corsair h105. Thermal paste used is MX-4, the same that the guys friom silicon lottery use (so i assume its a good product).

So, yea, what do you think ?

Should i try to push it even further? I dont want to kill a cpu/motherboard in the process,, so any input is appreciated.

i7 5960x @ 4.2GHz - Corsair H105 - 2x R9 295x2 Quadfire - 64 GB DDR4 2800mhz - Asus Rampage V Extreme - 1 x 128gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 + 2x1 TB SSD Samsung EVO 850 - Corsair AX1500i

Yes, that is a great OC

I can achieve up to 5GHz myself (8350 though) but hang out around 4.6 because of heat and stuff of that nature :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Mine also doesn't go to 4.8 :/ So yeah I'd say that 4.7 is a good oc.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Hey guys, just wanted to know your opinion on this:

Motherboard: Gigabyte SOC Force Z97 (fun fact: since this is an overclock motherboard, the default settings set my CPU frequency at 4.2GHz and 1.300v core, even after clear cmos! Thats pretty cool imo).

Back in topic: i manged to reach 4.7GHz with 1.275 Vcore.

My stress test: Snce i dont trust the "stress program", which only purpose is to put the CPU on a irrealistic virtual enviroment and therefore, lower the lifetime of the CPU, i decided to just use Rendiering @ 1080P with Sony Vegas, some Crysis Gameplay and Some GTA V aswel (those are the programs/games that i use the most, so i measure the stability with stuff i use, not some surrealistic sh*t.

When rendering, the maximum temp is 71 C.

When playing (Ultra settings, 1080p, ultra settings), it goes to around 60-65.

Idle 28-35.

Oh and another fun fact: i tried to reach 4.8GHz with 1.333 vCore and the rendering time was the same as with 4.7GHz (and before it finishes, my pc crashed and decided to go back to 4.7). Weird.

Cooler is a Corsair h105. Thermal paste used is MX-4, the same that the guys friom silicon lottery use (so i assume its a good product).

So, yea, what do you think ?

Should i try to push it even further? I dont want to kill a cpu/motherboard in the process,, so any input is appreciated.

I'd leave it as it is, are the fans already reaching their max rpms under load?

I'd leave it as it is, are the fans already reaching their max rpms under load?

Glad you pointed this out, for some reason i can't see the the RPMs on OpenHardwareMonitor, but, when i start encoding, i can hear the fans making a lot of noise.

(Im using a NZXT H630 white wich they sell as "noiseless". The thing is, the top cover of this case, it has some rubber-ish plate at the top, right up to the CPU fans pulling the air from the radiator. (aka blocking the airflow, thats why whe i removed the top cover, the noisless rubber thing was hot AF).

For now, im using it without the top cover. Teps diminish like 10c degrees when i do this.

EDIT: Yea, ill stick to this OC. No need to go further and i dont want to risk anything.

Thanks.

i7 5960x @ 4.2GHz - Corsair H105 - 2x R9 295x2 Quadfire - 64 GB DDR4 2800mhz - Asus Rampage V Extreme - 1 x 128gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 + 2x1 TB SSD Samsung EVO 850 - Corsair AX1500i

That's a great OC, but I personally wouldn't run 1.275v 24/7.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That's a great OC, but I personally wouldn't run 1.275v 24/7.

Why? 1.3V is the max recommended

Why? 1.3V is the max recommended

Yea anything below that range is fine. Personal reasons I guess...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That's great! :D

I'm at 4.4/1.3V atm. Haven't tried pushing it further tho xD

It's nice, i'll leave it there tbh.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon