Dual Boot Windows + Apple OS

Hey I just bought a new desktop from CyberPower, for gaming, but also want to be able to boot to an Apple OS for more general use (and also for my wife who prefers).

I hear this is annoying to do? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

You mean OSX? Are you making a hackintosh?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Hey I just bought a new desktop from CyberPower, for gaming, but also want to be able to boot to an Apple OS for more general use (and also for my wife who prefers).

Thanks.

why did you buy a prebuilt from one of the worst prebuilt companies on the net

and if you want a hackintosh..you can't really just buy anything and throw osx on it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Thanks.

Geez prebuilt???

What cpu gpu and motherboard?

tonymacxx86 GOOGLE this and follow his good site i used it.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

im affraid installing mac os on a non apple pc is illegal, but it can be done

what it sounds like your doing is a hackintosh

im not going to tell you how to set one up but i can tell you that using iatkos is prob the easiest way of doing it (apart from installing windows and running mac os via virtual box)

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

not sure why ppl hate on prebuilt or cyberpower so much, was able to choose all my own parts, and got the following for $2000 (minus the monitor)

NZXT Source 340 tower, i7-5820K (I know 4790 would've been fine, but got it for basically same price on a sale), Asetek 570LXL 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System (not so sure about this part), 256gb SSD and 3TB 2ndary drive, 16gb ram (can just get more as I need it), MSI X99S GAMING 7 ATX motherboard, 850W corsair ps, and the GTX 980 with the Dell U2715 monitor which I got at 200 less than amazon's price with the strongarming on the phone with dell which I was proud of. love the thin bezel. XB270HU looks great obviously, but more expensive for me right now and I just couldnt get past the aesthetics of it so will get 1-2 more monitors later maybe.