Windows constantly blue screens.

Ariona

My PC was recently built and is using Windows 8.1 ( Pirate copy )  and I constantly get random errors and blue screens once every few days. 

I have tried googling all my errors and trying to fix the issue, updating BIOS drivers, and more, Completely re installing my windows. 

If anyone is curious why I'm using a pirated copy of W8.1 it's because my original Windows was lost with my old PC and I couldn't find the product code. 

If you have any ideas please let me know I know pirates aren't exactly welcome here but I hope it's understandable, I hope to get an answer as to what to do or maybe someone can PM me a better Win 8.1, Or figure out how to get Windows 7 working. For whatever reason I had issues with Win 7 working on my PC The internet would stop working after a few reboots. 

Edit: Also considering just saying Screw it and getting Windows TP

Edit: 

System settings / specs

Motherboard: MSI G55-z97 SLI

CPU: intel i5-4690K @4.4GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 1.0

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650 Wat 80+Gold

SSD / Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

Failing HDD: 2TB Seagate baracuda 

Gaming drive: 1TB WD Black

Storage drive: 500GB WD Blue

BIOS Version: Up to date MSI 1.7

Drivers: Re installed ALL drivers up to date

where did you get the windows iso file?

if the md5..isn't an offical iso..I wouldn';t trust it

however in this case...I kinda doubt its a software issue..its pretty hard to crash 7 or 8 with just software

first guess is the memory or power supply..or maybe hdd

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

PSU cannot be the issue here.

My PC was recently built and is using Windows 8.1 ( Pirate copy )  and I constantly get random errors and blue screens once every few days. 

I have tried googling all my errors and trying to fix the issue, updating BIOS drivers, and more, Completely re installing my windows. 

If anyone is curious why I'm using a pirated copy of W8.1 it's because my original Windows was lost with my old PC and I couldn't find the product code. 

If you have any ideas please let me know I know pirates aren't exactly welcome here but I hope it's understandable, I hope to get an answer as to what to do or maybe someone can PM me a better Win 8.1, Or figure out how to get Windows 7 working. For whatever reason I had issues with Win 7 working on my PC The internet would stop working after a few reboots.

download a other version of Win8.1 and retry.

http://188.138.9.251/Getintopc.com/en_windows_8_1_pro_vl_x64_dvd_2971948.iso

And also let the software stay clean don't install other software, drivers for 3 days or so. check if it is hardware bound or other. Only do windows updates.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Do you get the same error code every time Windows blue screens? what @techguru says might be worth looking at first...

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

PSU cannot be the issue here...of course it can..a bad psu can cause all kinds of weird probs

where did you get the windows iso file?

if the md5..isn't an offical iso..I wouldn';t trust it

however in this case...I kinda doubt its a software issue..its pretty hard to crash 7 or 8 with just software

I have a failing 2TB HDD thats just holding some backup files. But I don't think it can crash my system Can it ? 

My Ram config is 10GBs 2x4GB and 1x2GB   This is just me gathering as much RAM as I could It's all DDR3 1600MHz 

PSU is an EVGA SuperNova  G1 650WAT Gold that's not even a year old. I doubt it's that. 

I got the iso from kickasstor and it was one of the top 3 win 8.1 Pro files. 

Do you get the same error code every time Windows blue screens? what @techguru says might be worth looking at first...

Dif codes I've had 3 the most recent being CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT  

I have a failing 2TB HDD thats just holding some backup files. But I don't think it can crash my system Can it ? 

My Ram config is 10GBs 2x4GB and 1x2GB   This is just me gathering as much RAM as I could It's all DDR3 1600MHz 

PSU is an EVGA SuperNova  G1 650WAT Gold that's not even a year old. I doubt it's that. 

I got the iso from kickasstor and it was one of the top 3 win 8.1 Pro files. 

take out the 2gb x1

psu still could be the issue..can't know unless you can test with another psu

memory you can try to do a test on

you could do some stress testing with burninpro to see if you can get it to crash

would help to narrow down the prob

Dif codes I've had 3 the most recent being CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT  

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description

Clock interrupt time-out interval, in nominal clock ticks

The address of the processor control block (PRCB) for the unresponsive processor

Cause

The specified processor is not processing interrupts. Typically, this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked.

Reset the bios first. then look if it blue screens again. don't take nothing out the case.

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description

Clock interrupt time-out interval, in nominal clock ticks

The address of the processor control block (PRCB) for the unresponsive processor

Cause

The specified processor is not processing interrupts. Typically, this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked.

Reset the bios first. then look if it blue screens again. don't take nothing out the case.

Reset bios, Had to change to enable the Windows 8.1 / 8 setting in MSI BIOS and change load order to SSD first.

Everything else is default, my system OC is back to default and there is no extra tweaks made. My old OC was 4.4GHz  Maybe that was the problem, I'll re list the OP with specs and settings. 

Reset bios, Had to change to enable the Windows 8.1 / 8 setting in MSI BIOS and change load order to SSD first.

Everything else is default, my system OC is back to default and there is no extra tweaks made. My old OC was 4.4GHz  Maybe that was the problem, I'll re list the OP with specs and settings. 

I think so that the OC was unstable did you again had blue screens with default CPU stock settings? if yes try to unplug you're power cord out of the psu take that voltages out of the cpu socket. and let is stay out for 5 minutes. then power back on with default bios settings.  

I think so that the OC was unstable did you again had blue screens with default CPU stock settings? if yes try to unplug you're power cord out of the psu take that voltages out of the cpu socket. and let is stay out for 5 minutes. then power back on with default bios settings.  

So far so good No stutters or random things happening.