Pc won't boot if I don't press on the motherboard...

Hi, sorry for my bad English, I speak French. 

A few weeks ago, I've had a weird problem with my computer, someone on the "Troubleshooting" forum told me it could be my RAM, so I removed one stick of ram, I now my pc won't boot, so I re-installed my RAM like it was before, but it still won't boot. The only way I found to boot my computer is TO PRESS ON THE MOBO, wtf?? So I think my motherboard is defective, and it could also be the cause of my prior problem. 

My main questions are:

Should I RMA it? Can I RMA it if I don't have the barcode anymore (I sent it for a MIR)

And how much time can it takes (I live in Quebec)

The motherboard is an Asus Z97-E

Thanks!

Hi, sorry for my bad English, I speak French. 

A few weeks ago, I've had a weird problem with my computer, someone on the "Troubleshooting" forum told me it could be my RAM, so I removed one stick of ram, I now my pc won't boot, so I re-installed my RAM like it was before, but it still won't boot. The only way I found to boot my computer is TO PRESS ON THE MOBO, wtf?? So I think my motherboard is defective, and it could also be the cause of my prior problem. 

My main questions are:

Should I RMA it? Can I RMA it if I don't have the barcode anymore (I sent it for a MIR)

And how much time can it takes (I live in Quebec)

The motherboard is an Asus Z97-E

Thanks!

Did you connect the power button cable to the correct headers on the mobo?

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

The only way I found to boot my computer is TO PRESS ON THE MOBO, wtf??...sounds like a power issue...could be short circuit...or it could be the atx power socket

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Sounds like someone didn't plug in the front pannel connectors into the motherboard headers. 

Check the motherboard manual and make sure you did it right. 

Sounds like someone didn't plug in the front pannel connectors into the motherboard headers. 

huh?....thats what you got from his description??

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The only way I found to boot my computer is TO PRESS ON THE MOBO, wtf??...sounds like a power issue...could be short circuit...or it could be the atx power socket

No, the power button cable is plugged correctly, my computer worked for a month, it was doing one weird bug described here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/348264-pc-wont-boot-if-shutdown-for-too-long/

But since I moved my RAM (That must have moved the motherboard a bit, enough to trigger the bug(probably a broken motherboard circuit or something like that?)) it's not booting if I don't press on the motherboad. 

Sorry if the video and the picture are blury.

Here is a video of my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2ciwiqeNY&feature=youtu.be

Here is a picture of the inside of my pc:1429404136-img-20150418-203340.jpg

I had the same issue (if the memok light comes on before you press the button) and it was kind of my own negligence, bent cpu socket pin 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling ram? Not that it would cause this problem but asus recommends slot 2 and 4 for dual channel I think

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

U have the ram on the right slot but the problem might be something under the moba, that happend to me a month ago i dropped a screw under the moba and that was making the shut down problem , hope u can fix that cause the rig looks awesome with that lighting.

xCPUx // 4790k 4.7ghz @ 1.32v \\ xMOBAx // Saberthooth Mark 1 \\  xGPUx  // Gtx 970 G1 gaming \\

xStoragex // Samsung 850 evo (128gb) and 1tb WD black \\ xCpuCoolerx // H100i \\ xCasex // h440 White\\ xKeyboardx // Blackwidow Ultimate stealth \\ xMousex // Tt Theron \\

It's probably a problem with the mother board grounding. Check that all of the screws are in all the way and the motherboard doesn't have much play if you try to move it away from the case. My Dad's first ever computer had a problem where it would shut down randomly, and it turned out to be he forgot the middle motherboard screw and it wasn't grounded properly

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)