Pc won't boot if shutdown for too long

Hi, sorry for my bad English, I speak French.

My specs:
i7-4790k (No OC)
Asus Z97-E
2x4gb DDR3-1600 Avexir core
EVGA 750W bronze 
Bitfenix Shadow

The problems:
-If I shutdown (same thing with hibernation) my pc and and reboot it <8-10h after, it will boot normally, but if I wait more than 8-10h, the fans and the leds will work, but the screen won't show anything. If I hold the power button, it won't even shutdown! I need to manually reset the power supply at the back of the computer, and then it will boot correctly. It's been doing that for 2-3 weeks now.
-If I put my pc in sleep mode, the fans and leds will shutdown (normal), but 2-3 minutes after, the computer will boot by itself!

Except that, my pc is working fine, and can leave it open for 24h+ and play anygame I want and it won't shutdown for no reason. The psu doesn't smell like burn, I never dropped my pc, etc... How can I know if my psu is the problem? (I can't plug it into another pc).
I looks to me like a bug, and not a hardware issue, because when I hold the power button, it won't close, and except for the boot problem, it works perfectly fine. 

What you guys think?

Thanks!

PS: If there is something you don't understand because of bad English, just ask for clarification and I'll try by best to reformulate   :) 

bios updated?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

to me that kinda sounds like a psu problem or a ram problem

Yes I updated my Bios to the last version, still the same problem  :(

Maybe a ram problem, how could I troubleshoot that? (I have 2 sticks on slot 1 and slot 3).

I hope it's not a psu problem. The computer is working fine (except for that problem) for more than a month! (no bad smell, no random shutdown, etc...) How could I know if it is a psu problem? How could I troubleshoot that?

Thanks!

you could run memtest to test the memory

Hum, let's say I'm really incompetant, and I forgot my 3 usb keys at school (Yea, really...), is there another way to run memtest on my pc?

Thanks!

I'm doing the test right now. By the way, the sound test almost killed me.

I'll post the results once it is done.

Can you tell me how to test troubleshoot my power supply?

Thanks.

if its the psu...only thing you can really do..without the proper equipment..is buy a new power supply...see if it works properly..if it doesn't you return the power supply..and try something else

I'm halfway through the test, and I only received sound errors. 

Let's say the problem IS the psu, then why is it working if I shutdown the pc for 5h, but not for 10h? That's weird.

It's a memory issue, I had the same problem, I swapped out my RAM, and it got fixed.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

If I try each of my memory sticks alone, I should know which one is defective, right?

Or I need to try them in another slot?

Thanks

And if I find that one of my memory module is defective, can I RMA only one of them? Or it must me both of them? Thanks!

And if I find that one of my memory module is defective, can I RMA only one of them? Or it must me both of them? Thanks!

RMA as a whole set

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If I try each of my memory sticks alone, I should know which one is defective, right?

Or I need to try them in another slot?

Thanks

Try each memory stick individually in each slot on the mobo. That will help determine if it's a dimm issue or a mobo slot issue.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

Try each memory stick individually in each slot on the mobo. That will help determine if it's a dimm issue or a mobo slot issue.

I'll do that!

But it will take a couple of days, because everytime I'll need to shutdown my pc for 10h to see if it works... 

I removed one memory stick. I boot the pc and 2 minutes later it shutdown. I boot it again and it show the "anti-surge" error.

I tried the other memory stick, the pc won't boot.

I installed both of them like they were before, the pc won't boot.

I touch the motherboard heatsink (The golden cercle on the Z97-E, I think its a heatsink), the computer powers on for one second. I press it again, same thing. Now everytime I want the pc to boot, I need to press on the motherboard.... wtf....

I think the real problem is my motherboard now, should I rma it? CAN I rma it if I have already sent them the bar code on the package for a MIR?

thanks!

I removed one memory stick. I boot the pc and 2 minutes later it shutdown. I boot it again and it show the "anti-surge" error.

I tried the other memory stick, the pc won't boot.

I installed both of them like they were before, the pc won't boot.

I touch the motherboard heatsink (The golden cercle on the Z97-E, I think its a heatsink), the computer powers on for one second. I press it again, same thing. Now everytime I want the pc to boot, I need to press on the motherboard.... wtf....

I think the real problem is my motherboard now, should I rma it? CAN I rma it if I have already sent them the bar code on the package for a MIR?

thanks!

It's a possibility. Did you take each memory stick and try them in each slot on the motherboard one at a time?

You can RMA the mobo at any time. With the retailer you only have so many days, but after that you can RMA to the manufacturer within the warranty period.

It's a possibility. Did you take each memory stick and try them in each slot on the motherboard one at a time?

Yes, but I haven't been past 2 minutes in windows (because the computer would not boot/or crashed at desktop) so I can't tell if the problem is due to my RAM.

I've sent an email to Asus tech support for the motherboard, and it tells me to wait 2 days for an answer, so in the meantime, I'll try each stick in each slot (It takes 1 day each to know if its the issue). Maybe my motherboard is deffective AND my ram is cause my not to boot after being shut down for 6h+, or maybe the motherboard is the problem for both.

Yes, but I haven't been past 2 minutes in windows (because the computer would not boot/or crashed at desktop) so I can't tell if the problem is due to my RAM.

I've sent an email to Asus tech support for the motherboard, and it tells me to wait 2 days for an answer, so in the meantime, I'll try each stick in each slot (It takes 1 day each to know if its the issue). Maybe my motherboard is deffective AND my ram is cause my not to boot after being shut down for 6h+, or maybe the motherboard is the problem for both.

OK when you've tried each memory stick in each slot let me know. It could be a combination of mobo and ram. Or just the mobo or just the ram, but to rule out the ram you just need to get the computer to post to the bios.

OK when you've tried each memory stick in each slot let me know. It could be a combination of mobo and ram. Or just the mobo or just the ram, but to rule out the ram you just need to get the computer to post to the bios.

My computer can post to the bios with both stick of ram, the initial problem was that the computer would not reboot after being shutdown for too long. The motherboard is almost surely defective, because when the computer won't boot, if I move the board, it boots. But maybe its not the cause of the initial problem (pc won't boot if shutdown for too long), maybe it's a ram problem, in which case I'll need to RMA both the ram and the motherboard.