Pc beeps 4 times, won't post

So last week i accidentally bent the pins on my motherboard, i sent it to the warranty and now a week later I've received it and it still won't boot, it beeps 4 times and the monitor power button keeps on blinking.. It did actually boot once and it said something along the lines of ram failure, but now it won't boot at all... Already tried swapping out the ram to no avail, clearing the cmos didn't help either

Specs

Intel core i5 4690k stock no oc

ASRock H81M-HDS mobo

Geforce gtx 970

2x4gb 1600mhz corsair ram

What could have gone wrong?

So last week i accidentally bent the pins on my motherboard, i sent it to the warranty and now a week later I've received it and it still won't boot, it beeps 4 times and the monitor power button keeps on blinking.. It did actually boot once and it said something along the lines of ram failure, but now it won't boot at all... Already tried swapping out the ram to no avail, clearing the cmos didn't help either

Specs

Intel core i5 4690k stock no oc

ASRock H81M-HDS mobo

Geforce gtx 970

2x4gb 1600mhz corsair ram

What could have gone wrong?

Recheck your pins. Why get an h81 board with a 4690k?

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Remove your graphics card and start the system;

Try one stick of RAM at a time.

If that doesn't work the motherboard is probably faulty.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

They were supposed to fix the pins

I'm just saying, double check. They often send refurb items back and its entirely possible you got two bad ones. But maybe not. You should check. Dont forget to @ or quote so I know when you reply to me.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Is that H81 updated with a BIOS to support Devil's Canyon?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Nice one. Forgot about that.

Spoiler

Remove your graphics card and start the system;

Try one stick of RAM at a time.

If that doesn't work the motherboard is probably faulty.

Already tried, still won't post

Can it OC?

Can it OC?

The chip is unlocked, but I don't know about the motherboard.

Spoiler

Can it OC?

No, you need a Z97 motherboard to OC an unlocked "k" processor.

The bigger issue, is that H81 motherboards are not compatible with Devil's Canyon processors without a BIOS update, and you cannot even enter the BIOS without a Haswell CPU, so you really had no chance of it working even from the start.

You need to find a friend who owns a Haswell processor and borrow it to do the update, or return the H81 and buy an H97, or Z97 if you want to overclock.

If you live near a Microcenter, there is currently a really good deal on a Gigabyte Z97-HD3 for $55 after $20 MIR.  You actually might not be limited to in-store only with that deal.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The bigger issue, is that H81 motherboards are not compatible with Devil's Canyon processors without a BIOS update, and you cannot even enter the BIOS without a Haswell CPU, so you really had no chance of it working even from the start.

You need to find a friend who owns a Haswell processor and borrow it to do the update, or return the H81 and buy an H97, or Z97 if you want to overclock.

If you live near a Microcenter, there is currently a really good deal on a Gigabyte Z97-HD3 for $55 after $20 MIR. You actually might not be limited to in-store only with that deal.

Some of the locked boards can overclock, not just the Pentium even. However, I think you are right that his board probablynis not updated.

Spoiler

Is this what happens when you put a devil's Canyon on an non updated h81 board? Beeps 4 times?

Return it or find someone with a spare LGA 1150 processor that is compatible so you can download the BIOS update.  You can't do anything with that processor currently in there, and I don't think you can flash the bios at all without the processor being responsive.

Alternatively, if you believe it's not the processor, go to a local computer repair shop and ask to borrow a POST card for 5 minutes.

What should I do

Actually, ignore my last one for a second.  ASRock BIOS is AMI, correct?  Here's what I want you to try:  Unplug the power connectors attached to the motherboard from the PSU, and reattach them.

What should I do

You need to find someone with a Haswell CPU, borrow it and do the BIOS update.  Or return the H81 and buy an H97 or Z97 motherboard.

You bought components that are not compatible with each other.

I called the repair center and they said that they had tried the mobo before sending it to me and it worked... They used the i7 4790(non k)...

If you live near a Microcenter, there is currently a really good deal on a Gigabyte Z97-HD3 for $55 after $20 MIR.  You actually might not be limited to in-store only with that deal.

yes, the BIOS need update

a GeForce GTX series 970 user.

I called the repair center and they said that they had tried the mobo before sending it to me and it worked... They used the i7 4790(non k)...

thats. the mobo can work with non K, and you just need to update UEFI to "support" K series (but i dont think you can overclock)

a GeForce GTX series 970 user.

4 long beeps is RAM 

have you tired with known working sticks of RAM?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.