Build Idea #3 // UPDATED

Hello!

After taking suggestions from my old thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/337799-build-idea-2-updated/, I've made some adjustments to my build. I am going to stay with the i7 as I occasionally do make videos, and also I want to future proof it, and get the best I can. Here's the build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£265.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£90.11 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£131.98 @ Dabs) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£107.46 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£446.38 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.70 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £1348.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-03 10:08 BST+0100

I am also buying fans because the ones that come with the case are standard, and I want mine to have LED'd. Don't judge me xD.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to make suggestions / other builds for me.

Thanks,

Daanish

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£259.80 @ Aria PC) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£78.29 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£104.74 @ Dabs) 

Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£47.47 @ CCL Computers) 

Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£47.47 @ CCL Computers) 

Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£70.97 @ Dabs) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£449.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Power Supply: Zalman 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050015-BLED 52.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£8.54 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Total: £1260.57

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-01 11:18 BST+0100

Case comes with Blue LED fans. Extra 120mm Blue LED fan for bottom intake. Cheaper (and better) CPU cooler. More economically priced RAM. Better mobo. That WD Black was extortionate. PSU (and mobo) can support SLI.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£259.80 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£78.29 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£104.74 @ Dabs) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£70.97 @ Dabs) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£449.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: Zalman 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050015-BLED 52.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£8.54 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £1260.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-01 11:18 BST+0100

Case comes with Blue LED fans. Extra 120mm Blue LED fan for bottom intake. Cheaper (and better) CPU cooler. More economically priced RAM. Better mobo. That WD Black was extortionate. PSU (and mobo) can support SLI.

Looks very nice, thank you. Fans didn't have to be blue, I couldn't decide so I picked a random colour xD

2 questions:

1) What does the mhz on RAM actually mean?

2) What other colours does the case come in?

Looks very nice, thank you. Fans didn't have to be blue, I couldn't decide so I picked a random colour xD

2 questions:

1) What does the mhz on RAM actually mean?

2) What other colours does the case come in?

mhz is speed. More mhz, more speed. But the RAM I suggested is some of the cheapest RAM in the UK at the moment and is also high speed. Totally worth it.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/search/?cc=uk&q=230t look at the cases for yourself. My own preference is that blue grey, so sexy.

mhz is speed. More mhz, more speed. But the RAM I suggested is some of the cheapest RAM in the UK at the moment and is also high speed. Totally worth it.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/search/?cc=uk&q=230t look at the cases for yourself. My own preference is that blue grey, so sexy.

Ah I see.

Personally I would like a case with a window, and I see one of them does have a window. I'm not sure if I really like it though. I haven't done much research into cases  really

Case suggestion, I looked at alot of these, I went with the S340... so so happy ! ! 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Ah I see.

Personally I would like a case with a window, and I see one of them does have a window. I'm not sure if I really like it though. I haven't done much research into cases  really

Aside from one of the black ones (one with and one without), they all have windows. But to my eye, the best looking is that blue-grey one. It's the only one with blue LED fans instead of red. The black case I don't like, black and red...so overdone. And the orange case verges on the garish. Do the sensible thing, get the blue-grey.  ;)

Aside from one of the black ones (one with and one without), they all have windows. But to my eye, the best looking is that blue-grey one. It's the only one with blue LED fans instead of red. The black case I don't like, black and red...so overdone. And the orange case verges on the garish. Do the sensible thing, get the blue-grey.  ;)

Sounds good. I heard that white is becoming less popular now (I think). I'm assuming the case has sufficient air flow?

And is it worth getting a 970 and using my old 970 with it to have SLI, and sell my current build without a GPU?

Sounds good. I heard that white is becoming less popular now (I think). I'm assuming the case has sufficient air flow?

And is it worth getting a 970 and using my old 970 with it to have SLI, and sell my current build without a GPU?

White is popular, but the very decent white cases cost quite a bit more than the 230T. Unless you go full whitetard, then the best price to performance you can get is with my spec. You could go nuts and go with a spanking white build, but that's going to cost a lot of money. I could do it for you if you want, but I reiterate: much mul'lah!

Why don't you tell me what your current system is in it's entirety.

White is popular, but the very decent white cases cost quite a bit more than the 230T. Unless you go full whitetard, then the best price to performance you can get is with my spec. You could go nuts and go with a spanking white build, but that's going to cost a lot of money. I could do it for you if you want, but I reiterate: much mul'lah!

Why don't you tell me what your current system is in it's entirety.

I was planning on doing a black build with LED's.

Current build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/338704-value-my-old-pc/

You could try to sell your current system without a GPU. It's not worth a whole lot in any case.

Yea, was hoping in total to get around £600 for it

Yea, was hoping in total to get around £600 for it

Might be possible. It's hard to say with 2nd hand sales. Anyone foolish enough to buy an Alienware PC deserves it really, someone will probably buy it. I hope you learned your lesson and won't buy Alienware again.  ;)