Value my old PC?

Hi, before I start I'd like to say that I'm sure if this is the right section to be posting this in - mods feel free to move it.

So, I have decided to upgrade my PC, and want to know the value of my old one. This will help me determine my budget. Here is the story of this computer and new build:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334824-prospective-build-and-old-pc-price-thoughts/

Now, in the first linked topic I put down the specs, but here is an updated list:

CPU: i7 960 //UPDATED

Cooling: Alienware liquid cooling - don't know if it's custom made etc.

MoBo: Unknown, possibly Intel X58 Full ATX LGA 1366

Memory: 12GB. DDR3

Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm HDD

GPU: Originally it had 2 AMD Radeon 6900's running in crossfire, but last week they replaced them for a Windforce GTX 970 which they thought would fix the problems it was having.

Case: Alienware Area 51 ALX case

PSU: Dell Alienware 1000 watt PSU

Optical Drive: Has one, but don't know anything about it.

These are the specs. I bought it for about £1600 and hoping to get 600-800 for it.

Let me know what you think. I'll be able to get more info about it once they fix it and return it to me. I'm selling it on due to reliability problems (Mainly with the PSU which they say will break down every 2 years). If you want to read more check out my other thread as linked above.

Thanks,

Daanish

You're probably gonna get the most out of it if you sell the new 970 separately (probably close to 300USD) and sell the rest of the PC as one. My guess would be +/- 500 for the rest. It always depends on the right buyer.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I would pay about 400-450 for that one, especially with those PSU problems.

I think you should be able to get 500-600 for it, just because it's an alienware and there are still people who think it's superior.

You're probably gonna get the most out of it if you sell the new 970 separately (probably close to 300USD) and sell the rest of the PC as one. My guess would be +/- 500 for the rest. It always depends on the right buyer.

Do you reckon it's best to sell as individual parts or as a whole?

Like i said before, sell the 970 separately (because theres very high demand for it and people will outbid eachother) and the rest of the pc as one but only because its in a alienware case.

I hope you're not still planning on getting that FX9590 like in your original post :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Like i said before, sell the 970 separately (because theres very high demand for it and people will outbid eachother) and the rest of the pc as one but only because its in a alienware case.

I hope you're not still planning on getting that FX9590 like in your original post :P

Nope, I've been converted by you all! Either gonna get i5 4690k or i7 4790k. I was going to get the 980 too, but might wait to see how the 980 Ti and the AMD 300 series are. Let me know what you think and feel free to make me a parts list! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/337799-build-idea-2-updated/heres a link to my latest thread on it.

eBay a good place to sell? Or Amazon? Or Ebuyer? Or a local store? Or somewhere else?

Thanks for all the help by the way

Probably. I think those motherboards are still sought after. CPU is still decent, so you can ask 100 for that.

GTX 970 too, you can sell that alone too.

Maybe like 450 together

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Nope, I've been converted by you all! Either gonna get i5 4690k or i7 4790k. I was going to get the 980 too, but might wait to see how the 980 Ti and the AMD 300 series are. Let me know what you think and feel free to make me a parts list! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/337799-build-idea-2-updated/heres a link to my latest thread on it.

eBay a good place to sell? Or Amazon? Or Ebuyer? Or a local store? Or somewhere else?

Thanks for all the help by the way

I've gotten decent prices on my local ''ebay clone''. Taking nice pictures is key to getting a good price. And usually starting at 1 will get you a higher price at the end.

Forgot to say, edited thread, but the GTX 970 I have is the windfoce 970. Is that worth more or less? And should I maybe just keep it and use it as my card for my new build, or should I stick with what I already have planned