Blue screen after 15 minutes in sleep mode.

Recently my computer turned off after being in sleep mode for a while. It turns out to blue screen while in sleep mode. 

The sleep mode also seems less sleepy. By this i mean that the front LED's of my case stay on instead of blinking. (wich they did before)

I think it might has to do with my SSD. I read that could cause the problem and I have an firmware update that I can't install.

post-93007-0-92241500-1427304318.jpg

I use WhoCrashed to vieuw what caused the bluescreen and it says the following:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\032515-12651-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0) 

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA80074C8A10, 0xFFFFF80000B9A3D8, 0xFFFFFA8009F26D90)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

My specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 with a 212 EVO 

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0,sAM3+

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz Corsair

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr

Storage: Samsung 120 GB 840 ssd + 3 TB Seagate

PSU: Cooler Master B600 Watt

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

I hope someone know what might be the problem, or what I can do to update my drivers. 

Might be an issue with the SSD, do you have another HDD or SSD that you can clone to see if the drive is stable or not?

You mean cloning the ssd drive to a different one, and boot from there?

I have a spare 1 TB drive I can use to do that

You mean cloning the ssd drive to a different one, and boot from there?

I have a spare 1 TB drive I can use to do that

Can you manually update the firmware? This usually requires that you turn the PC off, boot from a flash drive and update through some sort of DOS-like thing. At least that's what I had to do with my Sandisk SSD.

Samsung SSD Firmware Updates for Windows Users

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

I can't guarantee anything but that looks like it would solve your problems. Obviously don't turn off or sleep your PC while updating it.

Also, check that you installed the SSD in AHCI and not IDE.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Can you manually update the firmware? This usually requires that you turn the PC off, boot from a flash drive and update through some sort of DOS-like thing. At least that's what I had to do with my Sandisk SSD.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

I can't guarantee anything but that looks like it would solve your problems. Obviously don't turn off or sleep your PC while updating it.

Also, check that you installed the SSD in AHCI and not IDE.

Thanks for the answers!

Later Today I will check if I can update the firmware manually, and else I will clone my drive to see if that helps.

Appart from making me terrefied because the orriginal drive didn't boot anymore, the cloning solved nothing. 

I cloned the ssd to a second drive, tried sleepmode and it still powers off after aproxemately 15 minutes. The crash report is identical.

I had to clone the drive back to the ssd since it did not boot (wich it obviuly should have done...??) but now it works fine.

Samsung Magician still refuses to update the ssd.

Does anyone know how to update the ssd manually, or what else might cause the problem?

I managed to burn the ISO file, and tried to update with that disk. It gave the following error:

post-93007-0-27745500-1427474037_thumb.j

And my ssd made the computer crash after the failed update...

I still had the clone on the harddrive and now my PC at least functions again :)

post-93007-0-27745500-1427474037_thumb.j

So I reinstalled Samsung Magician today, and now it shows that the latest firmware is installed. 

Mabey the manual installation didn't fail after all.

Besides this, my computer did bluescreen randomly about 4 times since the update. Should I make a differten thread about that?

I had this issue with my computer, (almost the same specs) the issue was because I had Daemon Tools installed which conflicted with Samsung Magician causing it to BSOD for me. Also  Samsung Magician has to the power to wake the computer on sleep, so it would be a good idea to disable that.

I had this issue with my computer, (almost the same specs) the issue was because I had Daemon Tools installed which conflicted with Samsung Magician causing it to BSOD for me. Also  Samsung Magician has to the power to wake the computer on sleep, so it would be a good idea to disable that.

Did uninstalling Daemon Tools resolve the problem? 

I have DAEMON Tools Lite installed, that might cause the problem...

Did uninstalling Daemon Tools resolve the problem? 

I have DAEMON Tools Lite installed, that might cause the problem...

I did uninstalled Daemon Tools and that fixed the issue.