Superlux HD-668B?

tlmills82

I'm looking to get the best bang for my buck headphones for my new pc.  I'd like to stay around $50 US.  I've done some research here and some other places as well and I've found that the Superlux HD-668B are a good option.

My question is:  Are they phasing them out, or are they just that popular?

On PCPartPicker there are no options available to buy them, so I did a quick Amazon search and they have a few being sold there.

Are there any other good options in that price range?  I do prefer them to be open back, but other than that I'm not too picky.

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425536382&sr=1-1&keywords=superlux+hd668b

@tlmills82

The Superlux's are amazing.  I own them myself and they are simply unbeatable.  Best headphones for $30-$50 and they sound way better than their price would suggest.

Massdrop has them for $30 every once and awhile.  I bought two because I liked the first so much, and next time they go on sale through Massdrop I will buy another one or two as gifts.

Bonus:  You can buy some Velour earpads on eBay for $15 that adds a new level of comfort. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@tlmills82

The Superlux's are amazing.  I own them myself and they are simply unbeatable.  Best headphones for $30-$50 and they sound way better than their price would suggest.

Massdrop has them for $30 every once and awhile.  I bought two because I liked the first so much, and next time they go on sale through Massdrop I will buy another one or two as gifts.

Bonus:  You can buy some Velour earpads on eBay for $15 that adds a new level of comfort. 

If only you could replace the silly head wings with a full length band it would be glorious. After a couple years of use on my end, the pleather tabs have harded up and are sometimes uncomfortable.

If only you could replace the silly head wings with a full length band it would be glorious. After a couple years of use on my end, the pleather tabs have harded up and are sometimes uncomfortable.

Does le audio-technica rubber band mod work for them?

Does le audio-technica rubber band mod work for them?

We'll see. I just used a cheap elastic band I had lying around. Feels a little better already, I'll have to get some that is more substantial and try it out. I'll be able to say if it helps or not after I use them like this for a while. Thanks!