BX100 VS. MX100

EthanTheFrogMan

Samsung Evo 850, just kidding the mx is better I believe. however if you have the mooney I would invest in a 850 evo.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I got a BX100 already, should I return it to Newegg and get an MX100?

I got a BX100 already, should I return it to Newegg and get an MX100?

No just keep it, the difference is minimal.

The BX supersedes the MX. The big difference is the controller. Both Phison and Silicon Motion have new controllers out that are faster than the previous gen controllers. Generally they are also cheaper than either SandForce or Marvell for value priced editions they show up. Since they are newer than something like the Marvell that was in the MX series, they are also faster. Strangely, the new BX is also faster than the new MX200 which is Marvell based as well.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

The BX100 is measuring faster than the MX100 more often than not. Keep it.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST