GPU Suggestions

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on graphics cards for my rig with the only limitation being it can only have one 6 pin power connector because that's all my PSU can support. I've been looking at graphics cards lately but most don't even state how many power connectors are required and I have to search it up sometimes with little result. 

I'm looking for a card that will have no trouble gaming at 1080p whether it be AMD or NVidia I don't mind.

Please leave a link to the card and it's details if possible :D

Thanks,

- Biscuit

You can get molex adapter but PSU is the most important part of your PC and I would highly recommend you getting better one.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on graphics cards for my rig with the only limitation being it can only have one 6 pin power connector because that's all my PSU can support. I've been looking at graphics cards lately but most don't even state how many power connectors are required and I have to search it up sometimes with little result. 

I'm looking for a card that will have no trouble gaming at 1080p whether it be AMD or NVidia I don't mind.

Thanks,

- Biscuit

whats your budget. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

whats your budget. 

I don't really have a set budget as of yet because I'll save up to what I think is appropriate just any GPU with a 6 pin connector. :D

You can get molex adapter but PSU is the most important part of your PC and I would highly recommend you getting better one.

I'd prefer to just stick with a lower power 6 pin GPU I have a 6 pin connection that isn't molex I'm not looking to upgrade my PSU since I got this one recently I'm just looking for a card that will only require one 6 pin :D

I don't really have a set budget as of yet because I'll save up to what I think is appropriate just any GPU with a 6 pin connector. :D

Reference 960 has 1 6 pin but you can't buy those and I don't know about non reference ones but my 970 came with 2 molex adapters. What PSU do you have?

well that's an interesting spot to be in :P you could buy a splitter, how powerful is your psu? 

Reference 960 has 1 6 pin but you can't buy those and I don't know about non reference ones but my 970 came with 2 molex adapters. What PSU do you have?

well that's an interesting spot to be in :P you could buy a splitter, how powerful is your psu? 

I don't actually know the model of my PSU it was packaged with a bunch of parts that my Father bought it's an Antec something it's only 500w with two 12v rails one being molex one being this 6 pin connector I believe. I know it might seem dodgy but I'm sure it's fine since it's supported graphics cards in the past with external power without issue something in the r9 series that only needs one 6 pin I know I could get that but I forget which card it is :D

I don't actually know the model of my PSU it was packaged with a bunch of parts that my Father bought it's an Antec something it's only 500w with two 12v rails one being molex one being this 6 pin connector I believe. I know it might seem dodgy but I'm sure it's fine since it's supported graphics cards in the past with external power without issue something in the r9 series that only needs one 6 pin I know I could get that but I forget which card it is :D

antec is a good enough brand i believe.i'd say a 280x or a 960/280 would be best. 

do a search to see what the story is with splitters :P 

antec is a good enough brand i believe.i'd say a 280x or a 960/280 would be best. 

do a search to see what the story is with splitters :P

ok thanks :D I heard one of the 270 cards has 1 6 pin how does that match up to the likes of the 280? because the price difference is quite significant at the moment :D

The strix 960 has only 1 connector. Good looking card atleast

Thanks that's Asus right? :D

ok thanks :D I heard one of the 270 cards has 1 6 pin how does that match up to the likes of the 280? because the price difference is quite significant at the moment :D

it does seem to be a good bit better, and if you can OC it then it'll be up to 280x par, for most overclocks. 

Best card with single 6pin is GTX 960 atm, but depends on model, sum can have 8pin.

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

- Biscuit

I'm currently using the Gigabyte G1 GTX 960 with a six pin molex and it works like a dream :)

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

I'm currently using the Gigabyte G1 GTX 960 with a six pin molex and it works like a dream :)

ok thanks :D