Unity GDC Special Event Stream[Update:Unity 5 available]

Rafy

The Unity twitter account just sent this out. Nothing is known about it except it's a pretty big announcement during GDC.

It starts tomorrow at 8.30 am PST

Below you will find the livestream:

Unity 5 release trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6Mkx1KEns

Unity 5 Pricing:

6oSjQOu.png

Platforms:

LYZi3Q0.png

Editor Features:

AGDGkkn.png

New Engine Features:

• The Physically-based Standard Shader to make your materials look consistent in any lighting environment, cross platform.
  • Real-time Global Illumination, built on Geomerics Enlighten technology.
  • The Audio Mixer, to massively improve audio in your game.
  • HDR Reflection Probes to enhance visual fidelity.
  • PhysX 3.3 to bring massive performance improvements to 3D physics.
  • Major updates to the animation system.
  • WebGL preview.

Unity will also be giving $50 to spend in their Asset Store to all developers participating in the Oculus  VRJam.

Sources: 

https://twitter.com/unity3d/status/572448662355243008

http://engineeringlikesdesign.com/2015/03/03/unity-5-engine-now-available/

be sure to bump this thread near when the stream is starting. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Unity is overpriced and a rip off for what it offers compared to cryengine and UE4

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

lol.. kk.. 22 hours. no problem

WHY NOT NOW?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Its going to have to be massive whatever their are announcing, epic recent blow is the hardest punch i have seen in the game engine space in a long time and its gonna be hard to beat, i'm assuming is gonna be unity 6, anything below that is hardly something to look at

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Stream is live and Unity 5 has been released

Can't wait for Kerbal Space Program to be able to use multi-threaded physics.

Every topic I post in dies.

Wow, expensive, but looks good. O.o

Unreal Engine will always be love in my opinion, though. <3

Hahaha they stepped up their free version now you get all features.

Now its a really hard choice between unreal and unity,cause unity is easier.

Now you get all features and new features in Unity 5 Free i love this competition only devs and gamers have to win in the end.

Sadly unity still sucks because of Mono,mono is outdated and only support net2.0 sucks heavy.If you want Visual Studio you cant use it unless you have pro/ultimate which costs thousands of $ bleh.

Need to try this out too.

Hahaha they stepped up their free version now you get all features.

Now its a really hard choice between unreal and unity,cause unity is easier.

Now you get all features and new features in Unity 5 Free i love this competition only devs and gamers have to win in the end.

Sadly unity still sucks because of Mono,mono is outdated and only support net2.0 sucks heavy.If you want Visual Studio you cant use it unless you have pro/ultimate which costs thousands of $ bleh.

Need to try this out too.

I have it on authority they are recoding the core and it's not going to be mono anymore ;) Even this version is a veeeery heavily customized version of mono.

Where they are going to be making bank now is the cloud compiling service along with the other services offered. No real reason to not use the free version to publish a game unless you have received 100k$+ in funding (which automatically disqualifies you from the free one) or want a custom splash screen.

Well I'm going to upgrade my account maybe tomorrow.

And Maybe have a review up in a week or so :)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

When they say to pay $1500 is that permament? Or is that only for one year and such?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU