Resistance FOM

Mush Brain

Possibly my best FPS experience since BF3 on PC.

This game is exclusive to the Playstation 3 unfortunately and is one of it's main launch titles.

Graphically it's dated but it'a far from horrible, it seems to use some kind of AA that is similar to 4xMSAA at native 720P.

Now due to the console having a HW scaler, lower than full HD looks fine just not as defined and sharp obviously.

This game looks clean overall with no overdone effects, but textures are not that great here and there.

This game also delivers it's own style visually that goes with the great sound and game play very well.

Game play is where this game really shines though.

It takes me back to the old school FPS and it does it extremely well.

Physics are really good and the rag doll for AI is quite amusing when using grenades etc.

The game is quite unforgiving and will hurt those who are used to health regeneration and hand holding, though this game is not really that hard, but extremely immersive and fun.

If any of you have a PS3, you need to get this.

Some screens I took with my Galaxy S4.

JfbbgGr.jpg

Z2B7qHg.jpg

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I hear the MP is really good. Also makes it better how there's a map based off the docks of a town I live 30 mins away from :D

Just another shot :D

O5J9Kux.jpg

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

The best bit was how you could host your own servers and was able to heavily customize the match rules.

Playing death match with infinite Air Fuel Grenades was a lot of fun :D

I my opinion the best in the series sure it was not the best looking like 2 and 3 (due being in the early life of ps3 and the difficulty to optimize with the cell processor)however user experience was better than is successors. 

I my opinion the best in the series sure it was not the best looking like 2 and 3 (due being in the early life of ps3 and the difficulty to optimize with the cell processor)however user experience was better than is successors. 

1&3 are amazing shooters on PS3

2 removed the couch co-op which was the best part of the game, and removed a lot of the old school parts of it, making some of the same mistakes bioshock infinite did when it tried to be modern instead of good

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Now due to the console having a HW scaler, lower than full HD looks fine just not as defined and sharp obviously.

One of the most egregious problems with the PS3 is that it doesn't have a hardware scaler, it can only scale horizontally, and offers no vertical scaling, unlike the 360 which handled this much better. The only games that scale to 1080 are ones that do it in the front? buffer, not sure on exact terminology, but its only games that do it in the stage where the UI is applied, which costs a lot of the limited VRAM on the system

proof

nhtQOBE.jpg

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

One of the most egregious problems with the PS3 is that it doesn't have a hardware scaler, it can only scale horizontally, and offers no vertical scaling, unlike the 360 which handled this much better. The only games that scale to 1080 are ones that do it in the front? buffer, not sure on exact terminology, but its only games that do it in the stage where the UI is applied, which costs a lot of the limited VRAM on the system

proof

nhtQOBE.jpg

Oh... I was under the impression it had a HW scaler.

Finished Resistance on Saturday, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Playing through Resistance 2 now, it seems very different... but still solid as a shooter.

• 4 weeks later...

the best fps on ps3 was killzone 2. The MP was the best i've played ever, even on PC.