Is this build going to work? suggestions please

Jacky Park

So i'm building a new pc and want to know if all of these are compatible and  if there is any where i can improve on :) i would also want to know if im going to need any cable adapters for this. 

Graphics card- ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5

cpu- Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ LGA 1150 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770

Motherboard- ASUS ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard MAXIMUS VII FORMULA

Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

Power supply- Seasonic SS-500ET 500W 80 Plus Bronze ATX12V Power Supply

Computer case- Corsair Obsidian Series Black 650D Mid Tower Computer Case (CC650DW-1)

RAM- Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B  

SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE120BW)

Blu ray burner- LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter

Hard drive- WD Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive

Answer:

1. What do you want to do with your PC?
  2. Do you live in the US? If so, how much are you willing to spend?

I'll tell you if it works or not after I know the 2 above.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

The one thing that jumps out at me is the cpu. The i7-4790K is a much better fit for the motherboard. But that pre-supposes that the motherboard is a good choice. Without knowing budget and how the system will be used, there is no way to make reasonable suggestions.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

So i'm building a new pc and want to know if all of these are compatible and  if there is any where i can improve on :) i would also want to know if im going to need any cable adapters for this. 

Graphics card- ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5

cpu- Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ LGA 1150 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770

Motherboard- ASUS ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard MAXIMUS VII FORMULA

Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

Power supply- Seasonic SS-500ET 500W 80 Plus Bronze ATX12V Power Supply

Computer case- Corsair Obsidian Series Black 650D Mid Tower Computer Case (CC650DW-1)

RAM- Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B  

SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE120BW)

Blu ray burner- LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter

Hard drive- WD Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive

Hey Jacky Park,

The parts seem good and balanced. The only thing I would chance is either the CPU or the motherboard. The i7 4770 is a good processor but it is not overclockable while you have a Z87 motherboard which allows overclocking. I would either move to a k-version of the i7 or drop to a H87 motherboard to optimize the build and the cost. :)

What are you going to use that build for? It looks like a pretty decent workstation.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey Jacky Park,

The parts seem good and balanced. The only thing I would chance is either the CPU or the motherboard. The i7 4770 is a good processor but it is not overclockable while you have a Z87 motherboard which allows overclocking. I would either move to a k-version of the i7 or drop to a H87 motherboard to optimize the build and the cost. :)

What are you going to use that build for? It looks like a pretty decent workstation.

Captain_WD.

Hi upgrading the cpu to the -k version seems like a good idea thx! :) i am planning to use this for 3D rendering as well as some demanding pc games. if you have any suggestions upon that, please feel free to tell me :D i would be more than happy to take the advice :) and again thanks for the suggestion ! have a nice day!

The one thing that jumps out at me is the cpu. The i7-4790K is a much better fit for the motherboard. But that pre-supposes that the motherboard is a good choice. Without knowing budget and how the system will be used, there is no way to make reasonable suggestions.

Hi thx for the suggestion ! i am planning to change the cpu to i7-4790K because of your and other's suggestions! i am plannign to use it for 3D rendering as well as intense gaming. thx for the suggestion! have a nice day :)

Answer:

1. What do you want to do with your PC?
  2. Do you live in the US? If so, how much are you willing to spend?

I'll tell you if it works or not after I know the 2 above.

1. i am planning to use the gpu to do 3D rendering and play some next gen games 

2. nah i dont live in US but shipping wont be the problem. i am willing to spend somewhere around 1500-1700 USD. 

1. i am planning to use the gpu to do 3D rendering and play some next gen games 

2. nah i dont live in US but shipping wont be the problem. i am willing to spend somewhere around 1500-1700 USD. 

Well, tell us where do you live then. On the top right corner of this site, check if the you live in, or close to, one of the places listed. Make a build using that site, it's easier for you to build and for us to analyze.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Hi thx for the suggestion ! i am planning to change the cpu to i7-4790K because of your and other's suggestions! i am plannign to use it for 3D rendering as well as intense gaming. thx for the suggestion! have a nice day :)

If you are doing much 3D work, especially professionally, you should consider moving to the X99 platform and something like the i7-5820K. If gaming is more important then stay with the Z97 platform.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Hi upgrading the cpu to the -k version seems like a good idea thx! :) i am planning to use this for 3D rendering as well as some demanding pc games. if you have any suggestions upon that, please feel free to tell me :D i would be more than happy to take the advice :) and again thanks for the suggestion ! have a nice day!

Besides the CPU everything else seems pretty optimized for what you need it for. I would consider larger SSD as you would need to put the OS, the rendering software, the more storage-demanding games and some of the files that you would be working with on it for better performance. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/