Just got the new 3DS: should I go for OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire or XY first?

Jackgamer91

I haven't completed a Pokemon game since Sapphire and Ruby 12 years ago and this is my first 3DS system. Has anyone played both OR/AS and XY? Which game is better in your opinion (graphics, story although it should be similar, etc etc)?

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

I haven't completed a Pokemon game since Sapphire and Ruby 12 years ago and this is my first 3DS system. Has anyone played both OR/AS and XY? Which game is better in your opinion (graphics, story although it should be similar, etc etc)?

My son says XY first.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Having played both Y and Omega Ruby (but beat Omega Ruby first), I have to say Omega Ruby hands-down. There's so much more content, especially in the post-game, and while X/Y feel way too easy OR/AS gives you more of a challenge. There was many a time I won a battle with only one Pokémon left, and this one Pokémon had low HP.

Just hope you don't mind all the water.

Or/As was a very good game and still very fun to play after the main story, i can't speak for x any however but my friend said it was good

didn't like the story of XY at all but of course its the first main game of the system and introduces the new features and obviously new pokemon, but Ruby/Sapphire was my favorite favorite pokemon games and ORAS is a beautiful remake so I'd recommend it. But if youre planning on playing both, you should be fine whichever you play first.