New Moto E 2015 - $149 with LTE

http://anandtech.com/show/9008/motorola-announces-moto-e-2015-cortex53-lte-for-149

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/25/8107079/motorola-new-moto-e-2nd-gen-lte-customizable-colors

Anandtech:

The 2015 edition of the Moto E is a pretty hefty upgrade of a phone launched just 9 months ago. In terms of design the new Moto E is generally a bigger, more powerful version of its predecessor, retaining the same rounded plastic design while enlarging the overall body slightly to house the larger 4.5" screen. Meanwhile Motorola has iterated on the 2014’s swappable back covers, with the 2015 featuring the ability to swap in one of the company’s newer grip shells, or the phone’s colored bands can be swapped out separately.

The Verge:

The original Moto E was one of the best entry level smartphones you could buy, and from the looks of things the new model's upgrades will make it even more appealing. Motorola is selling the second-generation Moto E with LTE for $149 (3G models will cost $119), a slightly higher price than before, and it says the phone is available to purchase in 40 countries across the world starting today.

Oooh! This is great. There seem to only be a couple of flaws, mainly the low resolution screen and crappy cameras. I'm quite intrigued about the performance of the new Snapdragon 410 in the Moto E. I believe that it is the first budget chip to use Cortex-A53, which should hopefully be a huge improvement over the aging Cortex A7. Heck, the 2014 Moto G now is weaker than the Moto E, which could cannibalize sales. 

Honestly, I would love to see what Motorola could do at around the $250 price point. The $400 for the Moto X is a bit too high, and the $149 for the Moto E is a bit too low. Considering the specs of the Moto G, how much more could a 720p screen, an 8MP back camera, and a 1-2 MP front camera cost? 

So many companies are so close to the ideal phone (for me anyway). A 4.7" 720p screen, front speakers Snapdragon 410, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage + micro SD, 8MP camera, 2400mAH battery, and a simple plastic body cannot cost that much. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I'm sure a lot more people would prefer an LTE version of the Moto G2 then the Moto E....

Europe doesnt have LTE unfortunately.

What? We have 4g in Greece since like, what, a year ago? 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I'm from the same country as you and have had 4G for several months now. Who is your carrier?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Who needs a super affordable LTE phone, when LTE plans themselves are expensive as hell? They should have added a two-tone flash for the camera, instead.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Yeah, something like this for the $250 price point would be really cool.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

What? We have 4g in Greece since like, what, a year ago? 

I'm from the same country as you and have had 4G for several months now. Who is your carrier?

Apparently LTE is very common in Europe, even for my carrier, Tele2. Im from Estonia (Greece sucks, the politicians). Tho I have never seen anyone use it, mostly HSPA+.

Apparently LTE is very common in Europe, even for my carrier, Tele2. Im from Estonia (Greece sucks, the politicians). Tho I have never seen anyone use it, mostly HSPA+.

It could just be that your phone doesn't support it.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

It could just be that your phone doesn't support it.

Nexus 5 is LTE capable. But doesnt really matter, HSPA+ is plenty fast.

WHAT DARE YOU SAY ABOUT OUR POLITICIANS? I LOVE THEM!!!

/s I hope they all die in a fire :P

Oh you lucky guy :D. Estonia has some of the fastest internet services in Europe if I'm not mistaken.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

WHAT DARE YOU SAY ABOUT OUR POLITICIANS? I LOVE THEM!!!

/s I hope they all die in a fire :P

Oh you lucky guy :D. Estonia has some of the fastest internet services in Europe if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah we do, 300/300 for just 30 euros per month. :D