Reasonable 1440p displays?

iUND3AD

Hey guys  :D

So I plan on picking up a new Asus VG248QE very soon, but I was curious about what 1440p displays I could get around the same price. 

I have a 980, and I play alot of different games on pc. Like CSGO, Battlefield, Dark souls and dragon age. 144hz is cool and buttery smooth, but i'd kinda like the higher resolution experience if I can get away with it.

So what 1440p options are there for me within the price range of the VG? Or, do you think I should just go through with my purchase of the VG? Thanks!

The BenQ GW2765HT is a great bet. IPS panel at 1440p. Yummy.

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

The BenQ GW2765HT is a great bet. IPS panel at 1440p. Yummy.

Yea I just looked at this! For only $100 more it seems like a great option to keep in mind.  :D

You can't reason with a display.

But on a more serious note, no we don't know the price of that particular VG248QE you're looking at. It doesn't cost the same everywhere.

Here you go the entire selection of 27" 1440p monitors

Your 980 will run well on both 1080p 144Hz and 1440p 60Hz. If you play competitively you would benefit more from a 144Hz screen. Otherwise I'd just get a beautiful 1440p IPS panel.

The VG I was going to buy is $280 on amazon. So after viewing that list I definitely think the  BenQ GW2765HT is my best alternative option.  :)