Replacing driver Steelseries Siberia v2 Frost Blue?

Chaospeter

So, last night the right side of my Siberia's stopped producing sound. There was no pop or anything, it just stopped. So this morning I took them apart (they're 2 months over warranty) to the point I could access the drivers. With the multimeter I confirmed there is no faulty wiring from the USB connection to the drivers. But when I measured the impedance of the drivers, the left (working) driver gave me 29,5 Ohms, which is normal. The box says impedance of 32 Ohms. But the right side gave me a reading of 175 Ohms, which is of course way too high!

Now, does anybody know if there is a fix for this? Or even what is causing the high impedance reading? Or should I look for replacement drivers? I haven't been able to find some but maybe someone here has v2's with broken headbands or something? Anyway, all help would be appreciated!

Could check eBay for a set with a broken cable, otherwise you're not gonna find replacement drivers.

• 1 year later...

it;s old post so not sure if you got them or not but anyone else who came here and want to buy you can order them from here  http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/IIeyjqZ  but they will take about 20-30 days to arrive  i am waiitng for mine to come will test and post results