Will the H110 fit inside the Fractal Define R5 in Push config?

PlayModeOn

Hello.

I ordered this case because for the size and price it can fit quite large radiators .

Even though officially it claims that 280 rad will fit even with two fans in push OR pull (55mm clearance between motherboard and top frame) but will the fans be blocked by the PS2/USB ports of the motherboard?

Some people said the PS2 port of their motherboard is blocking the 140mm fans with the radiator on top.

So I am very worried.

Can somebody confirm this? I already ordered the case so I have very little time to cancel it.

There was a discussion with pictures at the Corsair forum http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=135215

But he was using an old and weird motherboard.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I can not see any issues. I think Linus has covered the R4 with a water cooling solution. So essentially the R5 is the same as long as radiator mounts go.

Here is a quote from the Corsair forum. Please take a look. (Please ignore the name/title of the quote)

There are the pictures, with notes ofc. Only uncomfortable thing for you might be the power cord for the cpu. You have to bend it pretty much to get it out of the way. I added pretty much description in the pictures.

And btw, I found out how to remove the plastic cover. I gotta detach 2 screws from the back of the motherboard, which is impossible while it's inside the case. I should remove the whole thing and I just don't feel like I'm doing it any time soon.

Let me know if the pics don't work or sth, also ask for questions or details if you need them. 

Hope that helps.

-JHzz

I can not see any issues. I think Linus has covered the R4 with a water cooling solution. So essentially the R5 is the same as long as radiator mounts go.

I hope so. I am pretty excited with the new Corsair H110i GT which is coming some time this year. It is a 280 rad with a thickness of 27mm. 

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

can't open the links.

Ok hold on

@']  

EDIT: http://imgur.com/dGNiiOy,8OYRwyE,5t1SalV,D7mKTbB,NyzzN2w,zwCvZ9O

There are 5 images, click the numbers near the top for the different pictures.

looks like asus tuf board. the plastic shroud is taking space away. what is your particular motherboard?

looks like asus tuf board. the plastic shroud is taking space away. what is your particular motherboard?

I currently have an ASRock 970 Extreme4, but I am moving to a VII Hero Z97 later this year or anything that isn't a Sabertooth board.

VII Hero should work. But maybe you'll need kind of a right angular 8 Pin connector for your CPU

You may want to use the Z97:SOC Force from gigabyte. the cooler seems to be a bit more away from the rim

VII Hero should work. But maybe you'll need kind of a right angular 8 Pin connector for your CPU

Yes I guess.

Thanks for your input.

The new H110i GT is 2mm slimmer than the original H110 so here's hoping it will fit.

Anybody out there also have a Define R5?

• 1 month later...

Hey I have a question on this matter.

What to do with the sound isolators for the top of the R5? Wont they make it harder for the h110 to exhaust or take in air?

Hey I have a question on this matter.

What to do with the sound isolators for the top of the R5? Wont they make it harder for the h110 to exhaust or take in air?

Hey Caniko, if you're putting your rad on the top of the case you'd remove the moduvent covers

You might want to put your rad in the front of the case and leave those vents on for added silence   ^_^